Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Jakes 2009/10 cricket season log

International Regular
    17th August

Today was pretty good. I had to wait until someone gave me their wicket, which my friend kindly did early in lunch. I proceeded to bat all of lunch and all of the afternoon session, before heading home happily.

I barely played a bad shot. In the lunch time, I got a leading edge and was luckily dropped, plus I almost chopped one on. I played a couple of bad leg glances/flicks where I would have been caught, but it's nets, so I couldn't get by playing them.

If the afternoon, our spinner came down, and I owned him. Elegently dancing down the track, getting the front foot to it, and driving it back past him, 3-4 times. I sent another spinner into the bushes, plus our main spinner for a big shot. I played one bad shot, pre-meditating a big shot over midwicket, and missed the ball outside off. It was clever bowling.

Anyway, a good day overall. I need to go out tomorrow and continue on with it. I've also found out my big weakness is cover drives. I've identified that is one of my main weaknesses, and now I need to work on it, and work hard too.

International Regular
    Training program

Monday – Sprints and fielding drills
    Tuesday – Nets
    Wednesday – Upper body
    Thursday – Lower body
    Friday - Nets
    Saturday - Game
    Sunday – Game/Nets

I was going to do a 2 week split kind of thing, but with only Monday available to change things up, I didn't bother.

I will draw up the actual things going on in the program tomorrow or some time this week.

International Regular
    I do need a rest day.

Thinking Monday, maybe merge the two weights into one? But then I wouldn't be training with intensity. Fielding and sprints are important too.

Bowling tgfg Champion! Carmageddon Champion! Rainman Champion! DTunnel Champion!
    Hope you took that rest day mate.
    Jesus saves

proudly supporting Liverpool FC

International Regular
    Should be writing up what happens (the actual exercises) sometime tonight. I've got to write my speech and watch the Cricket and everything, plus organize a list of things to buy for the coming season.

International Regular
    Upper body:
    Bench Press
    Shoulder Press
    Push ups
    Deadlifts
    Ball crunches
    Chest Flies
    Fielding drills

Lower body:
    Squats
    Lunges
    Leg extensions
    Leg lift
    Ball crunches
    Sprints

Any exercises I've forgot? I don't think leg extensions will stay there, trying to focus on compound exercises. Need shoulder presses, for the shoulders, that's why it's there as a single exercise or whatever you call it. Deadlifts could be in either one, but I'll have it in upper body, because my legs will be shot on from what's there already.

School Boy/Girl Cricketer Tom M's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jakester1288 View Post
    Upper body:
    Bench Press
    Shoulder Press
    Push ups
    Deadlifts
    Ball crunches
    Chest Flies
    Fielding drills

Lower body:
    Squats
    Lunges
    Leg extensions
    Leg lift
    Ball crunches
    Sprints

Any exercises I've forgot? I don't think leg extensions will stay there, trying to focus on compound exercises. Need shoulder presses, for the shoulders, that's why it's there as a single exercise or whatever you call it. Deadlifts could be in either one, but I'll have it in upper body, because my legs will be shot on from what's there already.
    This isn't meant to be done all in one training session is it? Look at westside for skinny bastards!!
    The only way to get fit for cricket

http://www.getfitforcricket.blogspot.com

International Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom M View Post
    This isn't meant to be done all in one training session is it? Look at westside for skinny bastards!!
    No, both are separate sessions.

I already have.

No, both are separate sessions.

I already have.
    No, I mean do you do all those upper body exercises in one session and then all the lower body ones in another?

Why have you chosen to avoid a WS4SB template?

International Regular
    No, I mean do you do all those upper body exercises in one session and then all the lower body ones in another?
    Yes

Why have you chosen to avoid a WS4SB template?
    Because I don't like it. Plus I'm not a skinny bastard.

Yes

Because I don't like it. Plus I'm not a skinny bastard.
    If you're 15 years old, you're a skinny bastard. I'm a skinny bastard. Everyone's a skinny bastard until they can squat 500lbs.

I've got to say that I'm really confused by your training. What's the goal of your weight training? What rep schemes are you doing? Is there any method behind your training program?

How long have you been weight training for? What's your 1RM in squat, overhead press and deadlift?

International Regular
    If you're 15 years old, you're a skinny bastard. I'm a skinny bastard. Everyone's a skinny bastard until they can squat 500lbs.

I've got to say that I'm really confused by your training. What's the goal of your weight training? What rep schemes are you doing? Is there any method behind your training program?

How long have you been weight training for? What's your 1RM in squat, overhead press and deadlift?
    To gain strength.

Don't know about 1 rep maxes. I could do the predictor thing when I just start, but I will be lifting light weights.
    Last edited by Jakester1288; 22-08-2009 at 01:35 PM.

International Regular
    23rd August

WOOOHOOO!

Great day today. I bought some gloves, inners, a pair of training pants and Bioslyx (like skins), and ordered my helmet, shoes and trousers.

When I got home, I put up the trampoline, did my run up, with a smaller jump, and it felt awesome! I did some fielding too, getting the balls rolled at me, attacking the ball and throwing at the stumps, and running in, picking up and diving towards the stumps. Was good, was sweating heaps!

Starting the program tomorrow.
    Last edited by Jakester1288; 23-08-2009 at 02:34 AM.

International Regular DCC_legend's Avatar
    Training looks like something a professional would use. Reckon you're gunna do yourself more harm than good with that.
    Where's my money?

Quote Originally Posted by DCC_legend View Post
    Training looks like something a professional would use. Reckon you're gunna do yourself more harm than good with that.
    Don't you think sitting around on your arse would do more harm than good, instead of getting fit?

Good job Jake, as long as you're happy with your program thats the most important thing. I would be careful with your weightlifting though, in that I think you should follow a well designed program instead of doing whatever you feel like.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information