• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Should I begin playing cricket?

-dodgy

Cricket Spectator
Hey guys,
This is my first ever post on here,I'm 19 I have been wondering to myself wither or not to play cricket this coming season. I've never played club cricket before but would be interested in picking up the skills of the game and having a bit of fun with some good blokes, I'm not the best player to be honest I'm quite poor at bowling and believe me I'm not joking, my batting is probably slightly better but it's still fairly bad.
I have played lawn bowls for the past 5 odd summers and I feel like I could keep on playing that but the urge is there to have a go at cricket while I'm still reasonably young and can learn the ways of the game.
What are everyone's views on this? Could I adapt to cricket and get a game in a low grade? Would it be hard for me to adjust to cricket with no real prior knowledge of the hands on part of the game?
Any responses would be greatly appreciated! :)

Rasterius

Cricket Spectator
Anyone can play cricket, it is one of the few sports which allows all shapes and sizes to play and succeed, just look at Dwayne Leverock and Glenn McGrath, one stick the other a rhino.
All lower grades play socially and are compiled of the least skilled cricketers who just want to enjoy the game at the pure level

Amobokobokoboko

U19 12th Man
I was 24 when I started earlier this year, with a lot of enthuasiasme and support from my team I now play 1 friendly a week, sometimes 2, getting some run outs and scoring some runs ( increasing every week).

Just go for it, give it one season ( I do this aswell and if I didn't break anything on my body a second season is waiting for me). :happy: