• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Re Splicing

PLAYBOYXIII

Cricket Spectator
Hi There I Have A Tiny Split On The Back Edge Of The Splice At The Very Bottom Of It Bout 1cm Across And Along The Splice Running Down Is Slightly Raised At The Top Part

When U First Pick It Up And Give It A Little Shake It Initially Makes A Not So Pleasant Noise To The Ear Then U Can Shake It About All You Want Then Nothing Untill You Next Pick It Up A Day Later

Will I Need To Get This Re-Spiled And If So Where Is It i Would Need To Go ??
Its A Woodworm Globe

Cheers For Your Help In Advance

Mark

tevans

Cricket Spectator
Could you take any photo's to get a better idea of what is wrong with the bat?

If a re-handle is needed most batmakers (Hunts, Hawk, Warsop) can sort you out for about £30.

kevinpietersen

School Boy/Girl Captain
I wouldn't bother with it if the bat isn't brand new just get a new one. If it is brand new then email some factories to see if they will do it for you. Don't buy a woodworm again go with GM or Kookaburra

PLAYBOYXIII

Cricket Spectator
Its Only A Year Old So I Do Feel It Would Be More Than Well Worth Doing..

And To Be Honest I Really Enjoy This Woodworm Bat Its So Thick And Powerful....

I Have Recently Purchased The G&M ICON 909......

PLAYBOYXIII

Cricket Spectator
Noooooo The Splice Was Never Oiled

Yeah Im Gonna Use The Icon But Was Just Wanting Places That I Could Contact To Get It Re Done If People Have Them For Me It Would Be Appreciated

knights12

Cricket Spectator
I actually quite like using bats that have a slight crack in the handle or splice. Eventually it will break fully but it gives it a nice springy feeling in the meantime. Any bat maker will replace the handle but often they come back really stiff and hard and it feels like a completely different bat.

kevinpietersen

School Boy/Girl Captain
Woodworm aren't meant to be relied on my mate bought one (mega bite) First ball it snapped. Brand new. Don't buy another one.