• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please help, my batting has gone to pot

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
you do have to bare in mind he is a number 11, and look at monty poanesar at cardiff with his cutting and what not.

and im sorry about being picky, but its my pet hate when a person say off, straight, on or cover drive. because its one shot with 4 different names, if your at the crease thinking "do i send that to mid off or cover" then you are wasting prescious time.

im such a saddo rnt i :cool:
I think you'll find if you try to play an off drive in the same manner as an on drive then you'll have a few problems. You're not thinking 'will I send this to mid off or cover, you're playing each ball on its merits. You're probably going to struggle to hit a ball that is wide enough to cover drive to mid off for example.

The only reason he's number 11 this year is because he was batting poorly.

Speaking as someone who was a number 11 (but also batted from 3-9 in different grades) I found the best approach was to pick a couple of areas you could score in and do so when the chance presented itself. You'll find you score in other areas anyway.

And then work on strengthening the other areas in the nets.

Be patient enough to leave the stupid shots in the nets though.

chyickenkeev

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
that was practicaly wat i meant to say, even though i sed it poorly

the only difference between drives might i add is were your front foot is placed....fine nevermind, il hush up now. :dry: