• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

GM Icon DXM or Hero DXM

kevinpietersen

School Boy/Girl Captain
I was going to buy the GM Icon but I heard everyone talking about the Hero. I heard the hero also has a bigger sweet spot. And a lower middle as the Icon has a higher middle.
I play on a All weather astro-turf pitch occasiaonly on a grass wicket. I want to know what bat is better for these pitches thanks. I also face relatively fast bowlers.
Thanks
If anyone has one what model?

slowfinger

International Debutant
I think the Hero is good, but its pickup isn't great.That's all I can say so far about the Hero.

Amobokobokoboko

U19 12th Man
I liked the hero a lot. SO just check both bats when you are in the shop.
This may be the silliest statement of the day but some peope like jam or people like marmalade on their toast. I just wanna say that if one bat is perfect for 1 person it isn't necessary perfect for another person.

Gwhitey

Cricket Spectator
i have the icon DXM origional, and omg what a bat! yes the middle is high but this makes for an amazing pickup, and the toe is so powerfull anyway that its the best of both worlds.

chyickenkeev

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
mate, i love the icon, its expensive but its worth it. the hero hasnt got a great pickup il admit, and i guarentee it will be exactly the same as every bat like it, e.g, hunts county pulse, woodworm hard drive, adidas pellara, kookaburra ice, etc.
on drives, it will amaze u, on pulls and sweeps, useless.

cross bat shots need a sweet spot otherwise the ball becomes dead, and will go 3 yards.

so gunn and moore icon, woodworm ibat, gray nicolls predator are the most usefull.

but as the other guy (cant remember your name soz) sed, some people like marmalade, some like jam.

its ur choice :)

Seanyjb10

always the icon great bat but u need 2 preserve it as they last nothing in terms of bats although there have been stories bout them.

some people have noticed that Gm have been sponsering left handed players with the hero while right handers mostly have the icon. trezza and graeham smith both have the Hero as they are left handers while ravi bopara and jonathon trott have the icon.

Weird?

Gm say that the icon has a better pick up for right handers but that is wrong absolute bull.

I have the icon and to be honest nothing can beat it end of!!

tevans

Cricket Spectator
Trott is paid to endorse a bat, he doesn't have to use it. GM or another brand will make a bat to the shape he wants with Icon stickers added after.

Jakester1288

International Regular
Trott is paid to endorse a bat, he doesn't have to use it. GM or another brand will make a bat to the shape he wants with Icon stickers added after.
This. Hussey was using a Bradbury with Nitro stickers (IIRC) for a while there. In a T20 he actually had a Bradbury with Bradbury stickers.

chyickenkeev

the things sportsmen do for money aye?
thers a good reason why kevin pietersons and ian bells suddlenly switched from woodworm and slazenger to adidas recently. and flintoffs move to puma,