Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Planning of buying a new bat.

Planning of buying a new bat.

Hi guys,

With the clubs UK tour coming up in 3 weeks, I had the idea to have a look for a new bat. Budget would be around £ 200.

As most of my fellow team mates stick to their favourite brand, such as; Malik, GM, Gray Nicolls, Puma, Slazenger, Centurion, Woodworm, Adidas, Reebok Etc.... and allowing me using and checking their bat as well. I can only concluder that the plethora of brands and bats is creating an overkill for me at the moment. ☺

Iím searching for a light bat, preferably a Full Handle. As I mentioned in another topic, I do have a catalogue from an UK cricket store and some brands mention the Full Handle size in their range, others donít.

For the moment Iím using a Kookaburra Ice sub 40 ( my first bat) for competiion and practice and a Kookaburra Kahuna Warrior also for competition ( loving the last bat).

I donít know if I will buy a new w bat during the trip or just during a random visit to the UK.

All tips, hints etc... are welcome.

Thanks.

I was thinking of giving the Reebok Centurion a closer look.

PS. Is there something like love at first sight when you see a bat?
    While typing this I remember buying my first bat just because I saw it and knew it was something for me, turned out to bean awesome bat, some of my team mates using it as well.
    Amobokobokoboko envolved in the noble game of cricket

http://www.flickr.com/photos/26925250@N06/3350344319/

Well, you can't really go toowrong when buying a bat, look around do some research and choose what's best for you!
    Quote Originally Posted by zaremba
    If Shoiab starts throwing his jockstrap around, they're all going to catch something

Accidental Founder of the Fawad Alam Appreciation Society!

Slowfinger - An active member of CricketWeb for 5 years and counting!

I know, but some of the bats I tested during this season are older models that aren't for sale anymore now.

Maybe I should put it like this, which brand are really really worth giving a look at?

In August I will be in the UK for 4 days playing 3 games, so only 1 day to do some possible shopping.

School Boy/Girl Captain kevinpietersen's Avatar
    Well definetly have a look at GM, Gray Nichols, Kookaburra They are the best companies for bats. I recomend pushing your budget to £270
    With this money you can get a bat with an out standing performance it is the GM Icon DXM Original Limited Edition (LE)
    The price of it is £269.95 Absolutely brilliant bat. I tryed one today and put a defencive shot. Of course it was my first shot with the bat I put in a little bit of power just enough to roll past the bowler with a £100 - £200 bat but this went straight for four easy. We didn't even have to run because we new it was going straight for four after the speed coming off the bat. The bowler was scared with the speed coming off it.
    Another bat you could try is the Kookaburra Kahuana another great bat with very thick edges like the GM DXM Icon Original LE.
    Hope this helps.

Thnx mate, I was thinking of giving the GM Hero DMX or Catalyst as already played with them. Lovely bats.

Which bat out of the Kahuna range is simular with my Kahuna warrior? This bat is absolutly brilliant.

Kookaburra Kahuna Ricky Ponting Cricket Bat
    £259.95 I think this is the best affordable bat in the kahuana range. Try and get this.

Sweet bro, thnx.
    I will start making a list of bats to check.

Good luck with your trials

mat
    School Boy/Girl Cricketer
    It is repetetively preached that you should shop around for a bat that suits your pick-up, weight, etc. rather than what suits other people. Continue trying other bats if possible until you find the bat for you.

Mat

Thnx man, but I was just trying to figure out which brands are really worth checking.
    I amuse not every cricket shop has the same range. By tonite I will put a top 5 list online and will see what happes then.

Aight these are the bats/ brands I will check out.

1) Reebok Centurion ( if they still sell it)
    2) GM ( Icon - Hero- Catalyst)
    3) Kookaburra Kahuna, Ice
    4) Adidas ( that Kevin Pietersen bat)
    5) Gray nicolls

Additionally that Sher Afridi pro model by Malik.

International Vice-Captain Faisal1985's Avatar
    Brand names don't matter, what matters is the willow, curve, thickness, and grip/blade balance of the bat. It could be any brand who might make a gem of bat, i.e. Malik Sher Amin makes the most incrediblly balanced bats for hitting they are curvy, and have a thick middle. GM, GN, are bats for openers they don't have a curve they are straighter and are best for stroke players who open most of the time, or max 1 down position. Not my cup of tea.....
    BE AFRIDI!
    Be VERY AFRIDI!!

The problem for me is that in most cases I get ran out or a catchball on the boundarie.
    The bowler hit the wickets only once, during my first game. And as I already practiced with a lot of bats I guess the bets thing to do is check all the bats and see which pleases me the most.

That's why I mentioned a top 5, don't really have a brnad to which I stick, except maybe Kookaburra.

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
    I recommend Fusion Sports, or Warsop Stebbing. Fantastic, custom made bats, which are miles better value than the big brands.

I will see how long I can still use both my Kookaburra bats, a friend of mine who's playing for another team told me that during his university period he was playing for his uni and he just had bought a £200 bat, he hit the ball wrongly ( at the bottom of the blade, where your grip starts) and he broke his bat.

Just need to play 10 more games this season, might pick it up when I'm going for X-mas shopping in December

Do not get Puma, Reebok or Slazenger. Just get bats from brands which only work on cricket not loads of other sports aswell.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information