• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Reverse Sweep

kevinpietersen

School Boy/Girl Captain
Is the reverse sweep all about muscle in your opposite arm getting the swing and power thorugh the bat to really get the ball far?

slowfinger

International Debutant
Is the reverse sweep all about muscle in your opposite arm getting the swing and power thorugh the bat to really get the ball far?
I don't see the point playing it its a very risky shot but I think its just timing and power but its a huge gamble my coach detests that shot nomatter if you hit a 4 or 6.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Not about muscle and power. Try and have your head in line with the ball and still, use the pace of the ball at first and paddle it. As you get better, try hitting it harder.