• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Any tips on how to make a leg-break spin more

Jakester1288

International Regular
Turn the wrist more. :p

The run up, especially approach to the crease, is important, but not crucial. Read PitchVision there are lots of articles which talk about this. The hips and chest drive is important, as with many other things. I'm no xpert, I've only bowled a little but of wrist spin in my time, but reading PitchVision should help.

someblokedave

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
The key thing you need to do is Spin the ball hard. Whenever you can and with anything that you can put in your hand, do so and give it a flick. Use balls, apples, oranges anything. Do it when you're watching the tele, talking to your mates, anytime and anywhere - just have a ball in your pocket and get it out when you're just standing around and give it a big old flick. That'll get your wrist and fingers doing the right stuff and eventually all the other levers - elbows and shoulders.

Once you've got that sussed hold your arms out in front of your body and using your big flick - flick the ball from your right hand to your left across your body. Do that for a week or so all the time and then add this exercise to it..... Hold your right arm out in front of you with the ball in your hand and using the flick - flick the ball back in towards yourself. Do both these exercises till they become controlled and natural and then use the same flick in your bowling.