• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

How to improve running with legguards?

Amobokobokoboko

U19 12th Man
Hi guys,

As summer is proceeding my fielding and batting are improving . The only little issue I encouter during my batting is that I'm a slow runner. I blame those delicious curries for that.

A couple times a week a run 6 km but running with legguard is something completley different.
Any advice on improving my speed. I was thinking of running with them for 2 hours during Wednesday evening trainingsession and getting used to it.

Thnx

Last edited:

micoach

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Long runs will not improve your speed. Train like you would play: pad up, and run between 22 yards at top speed.

Jakester1288

International Regular
Long runs will not improve your speed. Train like you would play: pad up, and run between 22 yards at top speed.
This. You don't have to run long distances with pads on. Run longer distances for stamina without pads. Try to keep off your feet as much as you can especially if you are a pace bowler. Using the bike, and swimming, as well as other forms of cardio where you don't put as much pressure on your joints, especially knees and ankles, are important. Do short sprints (pitch length - 22 yards) to get your speed up.

Amobokobokoboko

U19 12th Man
Thnx guys,

I will do those excercices. But I also want to start practice while wearing legguards. The thing I noticed is that they aren't heavy or so it's just clumsy ( can't come up with another word for the moment) to run with.