• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

batting help!!!! for a 13 year old

young cricketer

Cricket Spectator
i am 13 and i hav jst recently joined a mens sunday team from my dad knowing some frends who play for them is there any tips on the way i should bat aggresive or anything or how fast the bowlers usually are?

plz help thnx!!
young cricketer

Benaud

Banned
i am 13 and i hav jst recently joined a mens sunday team from my dad knowing some frends who play for them is there any tips on the way i should bat aggresive or anything or how fast the bowlers usually are?

plz help thnx!!
young cricketer
Depends on the grade/level your playing..

Jakester1288

International Regular

plz help thnx!!
young cricketer
Make sure you go to the nets with them to see what they are like.

Bat your own style, unless of course it doesn't suit the form (eg you are a defensive stonewall and you are playing Twenty20's).

I'm 13 too, and I play grade (mens) cricket so I understand what you mean. I don't know if you play serious or if it's a laugh, but I wasn't very nervous before I started seniors. The nerves that I did have, didn't last long anyway.

Remember to enjoy yourself.

killagee

Cricket Spectator
PLay ur NAtural Cricket!!!! if ur a defensive cricket then dont try to impress n try to hit some shots!! THey ll be more impressed with some beautiful grounded shots! never get afarid of the Bowl and dont play on the BAck foot! I also played with seniors when i was 13! thats my opinion to U! And if u think ur batting is good then always tell the bowlers to bowl their regular bowling and as quick as possible. It will give U more confidence.

Thanks

young cricketer

Cricket Spectator
thanx

thanx for the replies
i am normally a defending batsman and i take my cricket quite seriously
it is a sunday league type thing and 35 overs and now from the advice i am gunna jst play my normal cricket, i am excited because it is my first match but i hav a small amount of nerves

does any1 know though what the average speed of bowling can be for a sunday league cricket in kent or just normally?

young cricketer

Jakester1288

International Regular
thanx for the replies
i am normally a defending batsman and i take my cricket quite seriously
it is a sunday league type thing and 35 overs and now from the advice i am gunna jst play my normal cricket, i am excited because it is my first match but i hav a small amount of nerves

does any1 know though what the average speed of bowling can be for a sunday league cricket in kent or just normally?

young cricketer
It depends. Where I play, in the lowest team (but next season that will change) the top speed of bowling is about roughly 100-110kph, but one guy who plays firsts and fourths would push 120kph.

Then there are slow dibbly dobbly guys who shouldn't possess a threat to you.

jathu

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Well since your so young, you will probably bat at number 8 or 9...and you will face the slower bowlers...but you may occasionally face a quick bowler i think....

young cricketer

Cricket Spectator
It depends. Where I play, in the lowest team (but next season that will change) the top speed of bowling is about roughly 100-110kph, but one guy who plays firsts and fourths would push 120kph.

Then there are slow dibbly dobbly guys who shouldn't possess a threat to you.
ok thnx for tht jakester got a match today will find out thnx for the advice

young cricketer

Cricket Spectator
How did you get on?
grrr i was just about to go into bat but then some greedy person decided to go in as i wos getting ma gloves on so tht sucked he placed me 7th in batting order so tht was good but that annoying person

the positive is tht i caught someone in the field so i will be playing for them agen (:

kevinpietersen

School Boy/Girl Captain
Just remeber when you get in to bat just play your self in. Don't go trying to hit 4's and 6's in the first few overs just play defensive and get use to the bowlers.
Obviously don't play like this in T20 matches.