• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Cracks in my bat, what to do?

Amobokobokoboko

U19 12th Man
Hi guys,

I'm currently playing with a Kookaburra Ice Sub 40, my first cricket bat.
I oiled it and knocked it in 2 hours a day during 1 month and plays like heaven.

Unfortunately today I noticed that there are some minor cracks/ fractures in my wood.

So the following questions popped up:

Is it any good if I keep on knocking my bat in for every game I play?
In August I will go to the UK to play cricket, is there any chance I will find a decent bat for £80-£100 ( I also need to buy cricket shoes to give my knees more support, as our pitch isn't that egal)?
Thnx

If I could buy a decent bat, any brand you would suggest, for the moment I'm keen on my Kookaburra as it is light and gives me a fast swing.