• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Bowling Faster...

kevinpietersen

School Boy/Girl Captain
Just have a big run up (enough to build up a lot of speed) Then concentrate on bringing your arm over as fast as you can. That is it you just have to keep practicing that.

Tom M

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Just have a big run up (enough to build up a lot of speed) Then concentrate on bringing your arm over as fast as you can. That is it you just have to keep practicing that.
I must seem like a bit of a prat as I keep on harping on about this, but I can't agree.

Here's a good analogy that I got straight out of 'The complete book of throws':

'In extremely simple terms: the human body is like a car. The muscles that make the action happen are the gas while those that oppose the movement are the brakes. When you try to do something with a high level of effort, you step on the gas and brakes equally. As a result, a lot of energy is expended, but not a lot of positive action happens; you "spin the wheels".'

Faisal1985

International Vice-Captain
That is pretty impressive, bowling full length and making the batsman play defensive shots. Hope you are not insulted by this, but generally bowling full length gives the batsman a reason to drive and score runs and in the process you get more wickets. If you can bowl 9 maidens out of 12 by bowling full length deliveries, i don't really think you need to change anything.

Just a thought after i read your 1st post. Pretty incredible......

What level of cricket do you play anyways?

Faisal1985

International Vice-Captain
well then what about Mohammad Aamir 17 years old n bowling 140+ in his first Over:p

@ jimlbes: why are U looking to bowl quicker if u bowl so well??? Speed doesnt matter!!
Thats my point of view

right on killagee............