• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

help my bowling action.

champion15

Cricket Spectator
hi,
Iam a right hand fast medium bowler. recently ive notied something unconventional about my bowling action. most of the right handed bowlers jump off their left foot and land on the right foot whereas i jump off and and land both on my right foot. i am entirely comfortabe this way and the other way doesnt seem natural to me.
do u guys thinks i should change my action or continue this way, please post your views.
thank you

andruid

Cricketer Of The Year
Try this.

get a set of fixes stumps and lay them out horizontally ( or get find an obstacle that is about a foot high and fairly narrow). Then try to recreate your hopping motion by stepping up to the stumps with your left foot and launch over the obstacle as you when you are about to bowl a delivery. That might help forcing you land on your right rather than your left foot.

Last edited: