• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Wrist Spin Bowling

maccca

Cricket Spectator
Rememder Holland. Remember hearing commentary on bbc radio in the early morning in some ashes series.. God McCool as well. I am envious.Do not know Watkins though, he is not on my radar.

This is good though. He seems my type of guy. Stackpole dubbed him "possibly the luckiest player ever to represent Australia", and recalled how in one of the tour games "he almost hit the square-leg umpire with the widest full-toss I've seen."
To do a "johnny watkins"in Australian cricket has come to mean completely blowing your chance at test level due to nerves. So bad did he bowl in his only test. Nerves got to him bad, surprising it doesn't happen more often, he could not hold the ball because of sweat and shaking. People talked about it for years, I can still remember and I was only about 10 or so.

sadspinner

Cricket Spectator
Bed time here. I see you are in 2 places at the same time. Only seems to happen with legspinners. It seems in the other place you have to help solve a problem with the pivot. Where the front foot has to point, and where the front foot has to be placed with respect to the backfoot.

maccca

Cricket Spectator
Stackpole was a good legspinner himself and was coached by Grimmett as well, but to bowl legspin at test level and open the batting is hard, although Alfridi does it , So when people want Katich to bowl more overs they are asking a lot, and dont know much about legspin and how much work most legspinners need to do to keep their bowling at test level standard.

Edge Of Willow

Cricket Spectator
Well I guess I should have checked this site before I replied to Dave's message. I thought Dave and I were the only ones of the group on this site and wrote it as such.

Good to see everyone here.

someblokedave

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Well I guess I should have checked this site before I replied to Dave's message. I thought Dave and I were the only ones of the group on this site and wrote it as such.

Good to see everyone here.
Oi what's this a secret society? No-one mentioned we'd all come over to the dark side!!!!:laugh:

someblokedave

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Oi what's this a secret society? No-one mentioned we'd all come over to the dark side!!!!:laugh:
I'm back here again, nothing doing over at the other site. There's a load of Leg Spin threads on this site, so there's potential to keep yourself busy answering peoples questions and posing your own questions on this site.