• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

shin pain!

twilk

Cricket Spectator
hi guys/gals,
im currently trying to change my action from side on to front on, this is because i want to bowl faster and have always experienced pain in my shins when i bowl, how ever i now experience pain (achy/crampy) in just my right shin (im right handed).

has anyone dealt with this before or got any suggestions on how to correct it?
thanks

Josh

International Regular
Shin splints. I've got them myself.

Go to a podiatrist, see if they recommend orthotics, get orthotics.

Then

Try and land more often, when you run, on the balls of your feet as opposed to the heel. Do some leg strengthening exercises, like calf raises, steadily doing them from more of a height, and do some conditioning running if you can.