• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Serious Cricket Injuries

Howsie

International Captain
What's the most serious cricket injury you have picked up playing cricket, I'm just asking because I broke my femur while I was bowling and I've looked all over the net and I haven't been able to find anything like that happening.

By the way it happend when I was 17, and it's taken about a year to fully recover.

jathu

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Well, apart from pulling my hamstrings a few times, recently I took a catch which caused me to have a chip fracture in my left index finger.

ChakaZulu

Cricket Spectator
I dislocated my shoulder shying at the stumps for a run-out. Taken to hospital, given many drugs and when, the following season, I was getting ready for my first game, it came as a total surprise when my wife told me they cut my shirt off me...

Julian87

State Captain
My worst is dislocating my right knee when playing a pull shot. Doubled over and it clicked back in. The ball still went for four :p. Happened when I was about 14.

Worst I have seen though was my younger brother this season just gone. Was at short point and went to catch a ball that was absolutely smashed and hit him on the end of the thumb. Double compound dislocation they called it. Was pretty ****ed up. He's back playing, but it isn't 100%, and I think it will take a while for the jarring/tenderness to subside.

OnDrive

Cricket Spectator
I survived a spell of furious fast bowling from some guy who didn't like me, only to try and sweep a dibbly-dobbler, get a top edge, and have the ball hit me on my nose. :@

AshNZ

Cricket Spectator
- Fractured pinkie while bowling. This dude furiosly hit the ball back towards me. I had no time to react and the ball caught my pinkie. That season was particularly bad for my fingers. I bruised them badly twice more when catching the ball. Captain then modified my catching technique.

- Bruised face and damaged nerves just under the eye. Got hit by a bouncer in nets and wasn't wearing helmet. Took 2-3 months for me to feel left side of my face again. It was numb.

Other then that, presistent back and leg pains. But that's behind me now.

Jakester1288

International Regular
My worst is dislocating my right knee when playing a pull shot. Doubled over and it clicked back in. The ball still went for four :p. Happened when I was about 14.

Worst I have seen though was my younger brother this season just gone. Was at short point and went to catch a ball that was absolutely smashed and hit him on the end of the thumb. Double compound dislocation they called it. Was pretty ****ed up. He's back playing, but it isn't 100%, and I think it will take a while for the jarring/tenderness to subside.
That was up here in the Bradman cup wasn't it?