• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FAO: Qualified Coaches

Chubb

International Regular
I was wondering if anyone with an ECB coaching certificate or equivalent level of experience would be interested inn viewing and commenting upon some video footage of some members of the Upottery squad batting in our pre-season nets. I will have quality video files from Tuesday, and I'm looking for just short pieces of advice for each batsman/ bowler, the kind I can print off and give them to read. Few of the lads have had qualified coaching at any level and it would be of great help to all of us at the club.

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Well seeing as (a) you're not in Thorvy's division any more and (b) it's now the Easter holidays, I'll have a shot at putting something together for you. The thing with this however would be to keep in mind that by your middle years you have developed many compensatory idiosyncracies that balance out purely technical flaws... changing one of these to a more "techincally correct" setup may have huge knock-on effects. Personally, aligning my bottom hand grip made me play horribly outside the line...

Chubb

International Regular
Well seeing as (a) you're not in Thorvy's division any more and (b) it's now the Easter holidays, I'll have a shot at putting something together for you. The thing with this however would be to keep in mind that by your middle years you have developed many compensatory idiosyncracies that balance out purely technical flaws... changing one of these to a more "techincally correct" setup may have huge knock-on effects. Personally, aligning my bottom hand grip made me play horribly outside the line...
Yeah I just thought they might like to take a look at it... its too late for most of them, and you won't be seeing my technique for certain. But last year I noticed how rustic- appropriate word perhaps- their technique is compared to a lot of other younger players and it is because although we have enthusiastic people giving coaching, none of them have the badges. We've talked about someone doing a course but it comes down to time and money. I'm just after little improvements in their basic technique, not wholesale changes. Thanks a lot.

Chubb

International Regular
Not going ahead. They aren't interested. I can't see why not, but there you go.