• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Make up of a cricket team

tait express123

School Boy/Girl Captain
Ben B
Tom G
Ben P
Jakester
Kalani
Jayden
Kyle

If you get to a good start move Kyle up the order
I reckon thats a better side because I"m pressuming Ben Beehag's quick Between the wickets same as Tom me on the other hand im not as quick so i probably would prefer batting at 3 but I would open if jake wanted me to.

Julian87

State Captain
No offence, but if you are batting top order, the team must be absolutely deplorable. I thought you were a bowler and a bowler only pretty much?

Another two things. When you have to pick kids who don't play cricket, don't just take the ones that want to play, try and convince some of the kids who have natural ability to have a game, the team will be better for it. We got a black fella to pay for school one time, first ever game and scored 91.

Secondly, we're going into winter, surely you won't be playing until October or so.

Jakester1288

International Regular
No offence, but if you are batting top order, the team must be absolutely deplorable. I thought you were a bowler and a bowler only pretty much?
Nah, I am pure to bowling allrounder. I am actually a pretty decentish batsmen. I am definitely top 7, and TBH our top 7 this year is 1000000 times better than last year.

Another two things. When you have to pick kids who don't play cricket, don't just take the ones that want to play, try and convince some of the kids who have natural ability to have a game, the team will be better for it. We got a black fella to pay for school one time, first ever game and scored 91.
I reckon I will pick a bloke who plays down at the nets, he is dire, but can improve over the off season.

Secondly, we're going into winter, surely you won't be playing until October or so.
Yeah I know.

Last edited:

tait express123

School Boy/Girl Captain
One Day line up

1.Ben.P
2.Ben.B
3.Tom.G
4.Jake.Mc
5.Kalani.B
6.Jayden.H
7.Kyle.W
8.Anu.G
9.Kileen.B
10.Arma.M
11.Jaydon.Mc

Jakester1288

International Regular
Well it was the direst shot ever.:happy:
Coming from the guy who got bowled leaving the ball.

Anyway, cut the crap. Unless we are adding to the thread and actually discussing line ups etc, we may be in trouble for spamming. Lets keep it on topic, rather how we got out in our last school cricket game, last year!

EDIT: Remainder of the write ups should come tonight.

Jakester1288

International Regular
The lower order (numbers 8-12)

Anu – Lower order (not tail end) batsmen who will have a go and bowl medium pace

An Indian who runs in off a huge run up and bowls slow, will be getting through a couple of over’s in school cricket due to our bowling stocks. He will be batting at 8 or 9, he isn’t good enough to be top 7, but isn’t bad enough to be in the tail.

Amal – Lower to tail end batsmen who bowls some slow pace

He can bat a bit; will be from 9-11 though. I don’t know how to spell his name, but this little Indian will probably be making the side. Bowls some slow to medium pace, again a high possibility he will be getting through a couple of over’s if needed.

Killen – Lower order batsmen who bowls the pace of a snails slowest walking
Again I don’t know how to spell his name, will be batting number 9 or 10. He bowls extremely slow, but If we are going ok I might give him an over or two just to keep him interested.

Jaydon – The dirtiest hacker you will ever see and a quick bowler who puts about 3 an over on the pitch

Finds it hard to hit the pitch, but when he does, at his pace, they are pretty lethal. If we are defending a small total or are fielding first and off to a bad start, I won’t bowl him, but if we need to fill a couple of over’s and runs aren’t a problem, he will probably bowl a few overs.

Tyson – Never seen him

I’ve never actually seen this bloke, but Ben reckons he is a hack who bowls fairly dire. Ben to deny/confirm.

Jakester1288

International Regular
1. Ben P
2. Ben B +
3. Tom
4. Jake *
5. Kalani
6. Jayden
7. Kyle
8. Anu
9. Amal
10. Killen
11. Jaydon
12th man. Tyson

That is the team I am currently looking at. Thoughts?

Also, I have a couple of quick questions.

Should I be rotating the fielders (like, bringing on the 12th man and swapping throughout the innings)?

Should I be changing the batting order if we have good or bad starts, and against different oppositions or on different types of wickets (when we play on turf and stuff)?

Jakester1288

International Regular
Bowling

These are the main bowlers and what they bowl. If you have any tips on how to operate them, please tell me.

Pace options:
Jake
Tom
Ben P
Kalani
Spin options:
Ben B
Ben P

Pretty much everyone else can bowl, will fill in some overs and stuff, but otherwise, they are our main bowlers.

tait express123

School Boy/Girl Captain
The lower order (numbers 8-12)

Anu – Lower order (not tail end) batsmen who will have a go and bowl medium pace

An Indian who runs in off a huge run up and bowls slow, will be getting through a couple of over’s in school cricket due to our bowling stocks. He will be batting at 8 or 9, he isn’t good enough to be top 7, but isn’t bad enough to be in the tail.

Tyson – Never seen him

I’ve never actually seen this bloke, but Ben reckons he is a hack who bowls fairly dire. Ben to deny/confirm.

IMO Anu should get maxed out with the ball seeing that hes best figures are better than ures i think?not sure but there 2/3.

Confirmed he has a lot of pace about him but just can't put it on the pitch but when he does get in on the pitch it's not a wicket taking delivery but most likely will hit you.Has to be the direst hacker now days in the nets he clobers em but when where in the games he doesn't go through with the shots but if he went through with some of he's shots they'de be 4 to 6.