• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Bowling help

Howzatone

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Hi there,

I am currently 5ft 11, am 15, and I am pretty sure that I've got a few good inches in me left. However, this season I really want to be bowling pretty quick. I try and bowl off 11 paces, but my run up is completely mucked up after a long spell as I get tired.

I was wonderring if anyone had any tips for me to bowl properly quick, and which muscles and exercises I should do to try and help my bowling quick.

Cheers.

CricketSchool

Cricket Spectator
Run up

firstly don't bowl long spells - they'll hurt you in the long run

2nd...sort your run up...sorry bud...i would help you but trying to explain how to sort a run up by text would be a nightmare.....i might do a video on a blog post ...and give you the link...

get a friend to monitor you and hopefully that will help....

the run up is key for me,,, as balance and rhythm come from it and give you the opportunity to explode at the crease

jathu

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
If you wanna get faster you should do a lot of pull-ups...and also when bowling to generate extra pace always use your wrist by flicking it when releasing the ball.This will give you extra bounce and pace.If u want extra bounce then **** your wrist back when gripping the ball.