Thread: Diving

School Boy/Girl Cricketer

Diving

Whenever I play im required to dive at certain times.Especially when im trying to return to my crease in order to avoid a run not or when taking a catch.I am not good at taking a dive.How could i make my dive more efficient?

When you are diving back into your crease u just throw urself forward stretch out ur arms and make sure ur bat is grounded

When taking a catch just try to avoid landing with all your weight on your elbows because this may cause the ball to jar free

When starting a dive its all about balance and getting a gd push from the opposite foot that your going for example if your diving left then get a good push off your right foot
    Demon fast bowler

I find that lately I have been able to dive but whenever i dive to catch a ball i end up landing on my knee before catching the ball..what should i do?

Lately i have been fielding at gully...any advice or tips?

Get the chance to practice on a soft surface, and do as much of it as possible.

Start up short, and have someone throw them either side of you, make you extend. Then move to hitting balls, further back, and continue to practice.

I am a batsman so i have a pretty good eyesight...how could i see the ball after being edged more quicker...

Hall of Fame Member Son Of Coco's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jathu View Post
    Whenever I play im required to dive at certain times.Especially when im trying to return to my crease in order to avoid a run not or when taking a catch.I am not good at taking a dive.How could i make my dive more efficient?
    Watch the Italian football team, they're brilliant at it.
    "What is this what is this who is this guy shouting what is this going on in here?" - CP. (re: psxpro)

R.I.P Craigos, you were a champion bloke. One of the best

R.I.P Fardin 'Bob' Qayyumi

Member of the Church of the Holy Glenn McGrath

"How about you do something contstructive in this forum for once and not fill the forum with ****. You offer nothing." - theegyptian.

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Uppercut's Avatar
    Tournaments Won: 1
    Quote Originally Posted by jathu View Post
    I am a batsman so i have a pretty good eyesight...how could i see the ball after being edged more quicker...
    Fielding at gully? Don't watch the ball, watch the bat. If the ball's coming your way, that's where it's going to start.
    Quote Originally Posted by zaremba View Post
    The Filth have comfortably the better bowling. But the Gash have the batting. Might be quite good to watch.

Thread Information