• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Diving

jathu

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Whenever I play im required to dive at certain times.Especially when im trying to return to my crease in order to avoid a run not or when taking a catch.I am not good at taking a dive.How could i make my dive more efficient?

Demon43

Cricket Spectator
When you are diving back into your crease u just throw urself forward stretch out ur arms and make sure ur bat is grounded

When taking a catch just try to avoid landing with all your weight on your elbows because this may cause the ball to jar free

When starting a dive its all about balance and getting a gd push from the opposite foot that your going for example if your diving left then get a good push off your right foot

jathu

I find that lately I have been able to dive but whenever i dive to catch a ball i end up landing on my knee before catching the ball..what should i do?

Lately i have been fielding at gully...any advice or tips?

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Get the chance to practice on a soft surface, and do as much of it as possible.

Start up short, and have someone throw them either side of you, make you extend. Then move to hitting balls, further back, and continue to practice.

jathu

I am a batsman so i have a pretty good eyesight...how could i see the ball after being edged more quicker...

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Whenever I play im required to dive at certain times.Especially when im trying to return to my crease in order to avoid a run not or when taking a catch.I am not good at taking a dive.How could i make my dive more efficient?
Watch the Italian football team, they're brilliant at it.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I am a batsman so i have a pretty good eyesight...how could i see the ball after being edged more quicker...
Fielding at gully? Don't watch the ball, watch the bat. If the ball's coming your way, that's where it's going to start.