• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

help with the cut shot.

kuranui

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Hi,

im having some real trouble with playing my cut shot, so if any one could explain th best way to play it, i would be so grateful. Being an average cricketer isnt the best sometimes lol.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Make sure that your weight is over towards the off side, head over the ball and hit down on the ball. No need to over hit it, the pace on the ball will take it to the boundary anyway. And wait for it, hit it below your eyes. Not out in front of you.

jathu

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Well,all I know is that you should move your foot towards square and avoid playing a cut shot to a short ball which is close to your body maybe above or just outside offstump because theres a chance you may nick it and get caught out.