Cricket Player Manager

Thread: Back injury returns

Cricket Spectator

Back injury returns

Back injury returns please help?
    15 years old and im a boy
    Last july i fell on my back and hurt my shouler i couldnt bowl for 5 months i came back to cricket at the end of december
    ive bin playing loads of cricket rcently but last night it started hurting again this came out of nowhere it started towards the end of the session
    its the exact same place and pain i had last year??what has brought it back? no warm up, the break.
    Last edited by pnesam07; 11-02-2009 at 05:39 PM.

Hall of Fame Member Son Of Coco's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by pnesam07 View Post
    Last july i fell on my back and hurt my shouler i couldnt bowl for 5 months i came back to cricket at the end of december
    ive bin playing loads of cricket rcently but last night it started hurting again this came out of nowhere it started towards the end of the session
    its the exact same place and pain i had last year??what has brought it back? no warm up, the break.
    Is that you Shane Watson?
    "What is this what is this who is this guy shouting what is this going on in here?" - CP. (re: psxpro)

R.I.P Craigos, you were a champion bloke. One of the best

R.I.P Fardin 'Bob' Qayyumi

Member of the Church of the Holy Glenn McGrath

"How about you do something contstructive in this forum for once and not fill the forum with ****. You offer nothing." - theegyptian.

Hall of Fame Member Son Of Coco's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by pnesam07 View Post
    Right noone else has answered and I feel bad...

Mate, go and see someone who can help you out and give you a timeframe for recovery and playing again. Seeing as you're only young, it's more important you get through your teens without doing major damage than trying to bowl fast ( I take it you're a bowler!?). If it's hurting and you're a batsman then I think not playing cricket at all for a while is a good idea.

But as I said, go and see someone who can help you out...I'd suggest a physio. They'll be able to tell you a lot more than some guys writing on a cricket forum. There's a reason why you don't find a long list of credible people offering to help you fix muscular/structural injuries online...at least I hope there is

Oh...and you need a warm up, and stretching, if you want to play cricket for a long time...but see someone first.

International Regular
    I need help with this as well. I hurt my back last Saturday batting, when I tapped my bat it started hurting a bit. Was ok for the day. Started hurting more on monday. Hurt all week, but I couldn't stop playing cricket, so was just bowling spin, and batting without much pain. On Wednesday it was getting better, and I had cricket for school sport. I bowled pace in the nets, and batted like normal. Then we transfer to the pitch, I tap my bat and it went again, and couldn't run. Luckily training was rained out, because we were doing running between wickets, and yesterdays games were both rained out. I took some Panafen things on Wednesday and it eased the pain, but it's still there if I sit down suddenly or bend my back. Any idea's how to get rid of it? I have been using a heat pack (not ice) and that's all.

Quote Originally Posted by Jakester1288 View Post
    I need help with this as well. I hurt my back last Saturday batting, when I tapped my bat it started hurting a bit. Was ok for the day. Started hurting more on monday. Hurt all week, but I couldn't stop playing cricket, so was just bowling spin, and batting without much pain. On Wednesday it was getting better, and I had cricket for school sport. I bowled pace in the nets, and batted like normal. Then we transfer to the pitch, I tap my bat and it went again, and couldn't run. Luckily training was rained out, because we were doing running between wickets, and yesterdays games were both rained out. I took some Panafen things on Wednesday and it eased the pain, but it's still there if I sit down suddenly or bend my back. Any idea's how to get rid of it? I have been using a heat pack (not ice) and that's all.
    Luckily for you Jake I have some handy advice.
    Quote Originally Posted by Son Of Coco View Post
    Right noone else has answered and I feel bad...

Mate, go and see someone who can help you out and give you a timeframe for recovery and playing again. Seeing as you're only young, it's more important you get through your teens without doing major damage than trying to bowl fast ( I take it you're a bowler!?). If it's hurting and you're a batsman then I think not playing cricket at all for a while is a good idea.

But as I said, go and see someone who can help you out...I'd suggest a physio. They'll be able to tell you a lot more than some guys writing on a cricket forum. There's a reason why you don't find a long list of credible people offering to help you fix muscular/structural injuries online...at least I hope there is

Oh...and you need a warm up, and stretching, if you want to play cricket for a long time...but see someone first.

International Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Old Mate View Post
    Luckily for you Jake I have some handy advice.
    Thanks Adam.

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Perm's Avatar
    Go and get a massage, and if that doesn't help, see a doctor.
    The Future of International Cricket - Rohit Sharma, Suresh Raina, Ravi Bopara, Tim Southee, Ross Taylor, Shahriar Nafees, Raqibul Hasan, Salman Butt, JP Duminy
    Proud Supporter of the Bangladeshi Tigers
    Ryan ten Doeschate - A Legend in the Making
    MSN: zacattack90@hotmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    Romance can be dealt with elsewhere - I just don't enjoy it in cricket.

Thread Information