• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Back injury returns

pnesam07

Cricket Spectator
Back injury returns please help?
15 years old and im a boy
Last july i fell on my back and hurt my shouler i couldnt bowl for 5 months i came back to cricket at the end of december
ive bin playing loads of cricket rcently but last night it started hurting again this came out of nowhere it started towards the end of the session
its the exact same place and pain i had last year??what has brought it back? no warm up, the break.

Last edited:

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Last july i fell on my back and hurt my shouler i couldnt bowl for 5 months i came back to cricket at the end of december
ive bin playing loads of cricket rcently but last night it started hurting again this came out of nowhere it started towards the end of the session
its the exact same place and pain i had last year??what has brought it back? no warm up, the break.
Is that you Shane Watson?

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Right noone else has answered and I feel bad...

Mate, go and see someone who can help you out and give you a timeframe for recovery and playing again. Seeing as you're only young, it's more important you get through your teens without doing major damage than trying to bowl fast ( I take it you're a bowler!?). If it's hurting and you're a batsman then I think not playing cricket at all for a while is a good idea.

But as I said, go and see someone who can help you out...I'd suggest a physio. They'll be able to tell you a lot more than some guys writing on a cricket forum. There's a reason why you don't find a long list of credible people offering to help you fix muscular/structural injuries online...at least I hope there is :happy:

Oh...and you need a warm up, and stretching, if you want to play cricket for a long time...but see someone first.

Jakester1288

International Regular
I need help with this as well. I hurt my back last Saturday batting, when I tapped my bat it started hurting a bit. Was ok for the day. Started hurting more on monday. Hurt all week, but I couldn't stop playing cricket, so was just bowling spin, and batting without much pain. On Wednesday it was getting better, and I had cricket for school sport. I bowled pace in the nets, and batted like normal. Then we transfer to the pitch, I tap my bat and it went again, and couldn't run. Luckily training was rained out, because we were doing running between wickets, and yesterdays games were both rained out. I took some Panafen things on Wednesday and it eased the pain, but it's still there if I sit down suddenly or bend my back. Any idea's how to get rid of it? I have been using a heat pack (not ice) and that's all.

Old Mate

Cricket Spectator
I need help with this as well. I hurt my back last Saturday batting, when I tapped my bat it started hurting a bit. Was ok for the day. Started hurting more on monday. Hurt all week, but I couldn't stop playing cricket, so was just bowling spin, and batting without much pain. On Wednesday it was getting better, and I had cricket for school sport. I bowled pace in the nets, and batted like normal. Then we transfer to the pitch, I tap my bat and it went again, and couldn't run. Luckily training was rained out, because we were doing running between wickets, and yesterdays games were both rained out. I took some Panafen things on Wednesday and it eased the pain, but it's still there if I sit down suddenly or bend my back. Any idea's how to get rid of it? I have been using a heat pack (not ice) and that's all.
Luckily for you Jake I have some handy advice.
Right noone else has answered and I feel bad...

Mate, go and see someone who can help you out and give you a timeframe for recovery and playing again. Seeing as you're only young, it's more important you get through your teens without doing major damage than trying to bowl fast ( I take it you're a bowler!?). If it's hurting and you're a batsman then I think not playing cricket at all for a while is a good idea.

But as I said, go and see someone who can help you out...I'd suggest a physio. They'll be able to tell you a lot more than some guys writing on a cricket forum. There's a reason why you don't find a long list of credible people offering to help you fix muscular/structural injuries online...at least I hope there is :happy:

Oh...and you need a warm up, and stretching, if you want to play cricket for a long time...but see someone first.