• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Batting & Bowling video

Precambrian

Banned
Hi Lads,
Thanks a bunch for all your comments, it is greatly appreciated, i have a trail at Sussex county cricket club next week, TBH i am more of a all rounder, i pigeon hole myself as a bowling all rounder, suprised i didnt get many comments about my bowling (its at the end of the twenty 20 short video).

So needless to say i need all the advice i can get, i am 20 years old, 6 foot 6 inches tall, bowl about 80MPH at the moment, got the same rotating shoulder cuff as Stuart broad, once again thanks very much, and keep the comments coming.
Cheers Kirk
Boy. you are one heck of a tall guy. I guessed that from the length of your pads (getting only to your knees) and explains your crouchy stance.

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
The batsman hit the ball back at you (the bowler) and it smacked you in the face? :-O

That sounds very painful.
Yeah it wasn't good, it bounced up off my hands when I went to catch it and hit me straight in the mouth. It was coming quick.

Funnily enough, it didn't really hurt until they pulled the braces out...they were wired into the bone :unsure:

Manee

Cricketer Of The Year
Hi Lads,
Thanks a bunch for all your comments, it is greatly appreciated, i have a trail at Sussex county cricket club next week, TBH i am more of a all rounder, i pigeon hole myself as a bowling all rounder, suprised i didnt get many comments about my bowling (its at the end of the twenty 20 short video).

So needless to say i need all the advice i can get, i am 20 years old, 6 foot 6 inches tall, bowl about 80MPH at the moment, got the same rotating shoulder cuff as Stuart broad, once again thanks very much, and keep the comments coming.
Cheers Kirk
I'd assume there are no comments about the bowling action because it looks in good order. No run up to analyse, good load up, powerful follow through, it is all quite sound.

spunbowler

Cricket Spectator
Kirk done extremely well, started the morning with 48 lads, Kirk made the last 6, him and a guy called odonnell who is from New Zealand and plays for Ireland, work that one out, are the last two fast bowlers left, Kirk being an allrounder, although they picked him for his bowling, was made to face 90MPH bouncers and 85MPH lenght balls (both bowling machine).

Anyway, we will find out in a week or so if they want him fingers crossed!!

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Kirk done extremely well, started the morning with 48 lads, Kirk made the last 6, him and a guy called odonnell who is from New Zealand and plays for Ireland, work that one out, are the last two fast bowlers left, Kirk being an allrounder, although they picked him for his bowling, was made to face 90MPH bouncers and 85MPH lenght balls (both bowling machine).

Anyway, we will find out in a week or so if they want him fingers crossed!!
Are you referring to Peter Connell? If so, he absolutely mauled all the Assosciate nations in four-day matches last year. If you get the chance, sabotage his chances of getting a contract so he's still available for us during the CC season :p

CricketSchool

Cricket Spectator
TBH, it is still the same.

The left elbow comes into the left hip and your natural straight drive is through mid-on/midwicket.

Its not a problem per se but it makes playing through the offside more difficult. Its hard to get over the ball properly, harder to play through the covers and harder to have full control of the shot.

Compare the elbow position to that of David Fulton. The left elbow is kept high and pointing towards the bowler trather than collapsing.

His feet are similar to yours but he keeps his upper body in a good position.

There are great players with bigger technical problems than this, but you are obviously a good player and its such an obvious and simple thing to correct.

Good luck

Kirk/ Goughy...i just wanted to add something here... whilst i agree partially with goughy ...the problem stems from your head position which in the above shots ...is outside the line of your feet..

this will lead to you falling over ..... and if you watch the first 2 videos again keeping an eye on your head only you will see it's tilted position during shots....which is wrong....

the cure !

keep your head in line with your feet in your stance...if it feels awkward it's right......
then transfer your weight onto your front foot on front shots by moving your head and lead shoulder towards the line of the ball first....

you will know if this is right by feeling your weight on the ball of your left foot after you have completed your shot

CricketSchool

Cricket Spectator
Head Position

TBH, it is still the same.

The left elbow comes into the left hip and your natural straight drive is through mid-on/midwicket.

Its not a problem per se but it makes playing through the offside more difficult. Its hard to get over the ball properly, harder to play through the covers and harder to have full control of the shot.

Compare the elbow position to that of David Fulton. The left elbow is kept high and pointing towards the bowler trather than collapsing.

His feet are similar to yours but he keeps his upper body in a good position.

There are great players with bigger technical problems than this, but you are obviously a good player and its such an obvious and simple thing to correct.

Good luck

Kirk/ Goughy...i just wanted to add something here... whilst i agree partially with goughy ...the problem stems from your head position which in the above shots ...is outside the line of your feet..

this will lead to you falling over ..... and if you watch the first 2 videos again keeping an eye on your head only you will see it's tilted position during shots....which is wrong....

the cure !

keep your head in line with your feet in your stance...if it feels awkward it's right......
then transfer your weight onto your front foot on front shots by moving your head and lead shoulder towards the line of the ball first....

you will know if this is right by feeling your weight on the ball of your left foot after you have completed your shot

edynamo

Cricket Spectator
Do you have any back view footage of your bowling or a link to an avi file?

From the footage on youtube looks like you might fall away a little - some lateral flaxion and without being able to freeze frame the action looks like you might collapse a little on the front leg?

spunbowler

Cricket Spectator
Thanks for all your help Guys, just looking forward to the cricket season here in good old Blighty, I will be looking for a club in Australia this winter if anyone needs a 6' 6" Bowling all rounder? just accomodation and a daytime job required? I am a level 2 ECB Coach as well, and a F.A Level 1 badge too
cheers Kirk