• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

I need some serious help with my batting

kuranui

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Hey

My team mates have told me i am very reluctant to step to the ball, and dont use my feet properly. Im batting at number 5, but i might be called up the order to number 3 this season. What can i do to improve my feet, and mental side of my game??

Also, whats something i can do to improve the timing of my strokes, as i noticed that i play much to early on a ball that is coming down middle or a yorker.

Cheers

micoach

Can you post a video? It's hard to say without seeing you.

That said, common faults that cause the problem you have are:

1. You are not leading with your head and front shoulder.
2. You are not picking up the length early enough
3. You have an inefficent backswing (could be grip, stance or head position)

You can fix all those with technical drills but I would not want to go into anything until I saw you batting.

If that is not possible, do you have a coach who can help?

dezza1994

Cricket Spectator
I was having the same problem and i just started taking a very little step forward when the ball was about to be released and then it seem to all come together.. Remember only a little step so you have time to get on the back foot if needed

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Or if you prefer, a lot of people use a little step back. It's just a trigger movement to get your feet moving already.

Although I wouldn't make a conscious effort to move your feet whilst in a match situation. If you're thinking "move your feet" when the ball is bowled you won't get very far. Think "watch the ball" and with enough practice your feet should move without you thinking about it.

kuranui

Can you post a video? It's hard to say without seeing you.

That said, common faults that cause the problem you have are:

1. You are not leading with your head and front shoulder.
2. You are not picking up the length early enough
3. You have an inefficent backswing (could be grip, stance or head position)

You can fix all those with technical drills but I would not want to go into anything until I saw you batting.

If that is not possible, do you have a coach who can help?
I think i have practice tomorrow, so ill try to get a video od me in the nets

micoach

I would say one thing about trigger moves: they are very personal BUT as a general rule adding a trigger is not a way to fix a technical error.

Now kuranui may be technically perfect and have more of a psychological issue here, but he would be in the minority.

If he does have a technical flaw, adding a trigger will not fix the problem.

micoach

I think i have practice tomorrow, so ill try to get a video od me in the nets
Brilliant, get them to stand where the umpire would stand for the best view. A tripod is best, or a mate with a steady hand!

micoach

Not much. A few balls some back foot some front foot.

It would be good to get a closeup of your grip too.