• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Pace Differentiation

Lightspeed

Cricket Spectator
I was recently clocked at 83 mph on a radar speed gun. I'm much quicker than anyone around my area but something still bothers me.

Tape Ball cricket!

I have a quick, exploding action. I bowl quick enough with the hard ball but I seem to struggle to get pace when playing indoor cricket with a tape ball. (A tape ball being a tennis ball wrapped in tape)

I used to bowl pretty quick with a tape ball to but that's when I had a slingy action.

Is that normal?

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Differentiating pace would give accelaration i believe.

Anyway, i wouldn't worry about tape ball cricket, it's not the same. I'm the most useless cricketer on the forum and i can turn a carriom ball square with a tape ball.