• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Speed of school 1st team bowlers

DomMather

Cricket Spectator
Hi,

I'm hoping to make it into the school 1st team next year, would anyone being able to tell me the normal speed of a 1st team (16/17/18 yr old) fast bowler? - so I know what speed to face in the nets

Cheers,

Dom

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Depends massively on which school you are talking about. At the very top of the independent school world you are looking at the fringe of County 2nd XI with your stand out bowlers, 75-80mph topping out.

Manee

Cricketer Of The Year
Hi,

I'm hoping to make it into the school 1st team next year, would anyone being able to tell me the normal speed of a 1st team (16/17/18 yr old) fast bowler? - so I know what speed to face in the nets

Cheers,

Dom
It is all relative, mate. At my school, which I'd consider a pretty high level, the top seam bowlers bowl at approximately 70mph.