• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Spinning

conorules

Cricket Spectator
I believe i'm a pretty good leg spinner with a good off spin bowl but am only in under 12s. So far in the season i've only bowled pace and haven't taken a wicket yet but our team doesn't have a spinner should i bowl spin if so do you have any tips

bryce

International Regular
Ha, i've had this same sort of problem all my life. Problem is if you want to change style the captain/coach has quite often already made plans for you to be bowling the style you want to change from, can be very frustrating.

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
As a rule, a good leggie will be more effective than a good offie, but equally a poor leggie will be more expensive and more erratic (and therefore not allowed to bowl as much) as a poor offie.

Still, you're 12. Bowl them both. See how much you can turn them. Enjoy confusing batsmen and don't worry about the crap balls. Most importantly - flight it.

Cricket09

Cricket Spectator
I had the same experience as you when I was younger I was a opening seam bowler however when the pace didnt progess I decided to use me line and length to become a spin bowler. The most important thing about spin is putting it in the right place and making the batsmen make the mistake. Therefore if you enjoy spin and have good control I would practice in nets and introduce it into a game when you feel comfortable. Dont be put off if in your first few games you get hit all over the park you just need to get used to bowling spin and gain confidence in yourself

micoach

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
It's worth asking the coach what he thinks you are better at too. Good coaches can ususally sport potential in one discipline or another.

someblokedave

Bowl Leg Spin mate (Wrist Spin) it'll be one of the hardest things you'll ever have to learn in your life and it'll consume you completely if you stick at it, but if you stick at it you'll potentially be one of the best bowlers on your team. There just isn't enough good wrist spinners around.

someblokedave

The most successful wicket takers at our club year on year are spinners and the club record is held by a wrist spinner. The current stats for this year (just finished last weekend) are full of seasons records primarily held by spinners.

someblokedave

"No ball bowled is as difficult as one which leaves the bat and goes towards the slips. The really good leg-break beats them all.” - Sir Donald Bradman

REHAL

Cricket Spectator
how to ball this kinds of ball without moving hands.

how to throw the leg spin bowl like sunil narine?how sunil narine bowl the off spin and knuckle ball?

slowfinger

International Debutant
You could probably 'throw' the ball like that but to bowl it is very hard. From what I can see, you need