• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Tips & Tricks To Improve timing

struggling

Cricket Spectator
Just wondered if anyone had some good tips and tricks for improving timing???

One of mine is to work on the catching net I find this helps my timing. What about other people???

RippingLegbreak

Cricket Spectator
Watch the ball out of the hand as early as possible and get your shoulders in line and foot to the pitch of the ball as early as possible, That will give u lots of time to bring the ball down the line of the ball. Wait for the ball to come on the bat. Then at contact drive your bottom hand right thru the line for extra power.

jonny1408

School Boy/Girl Captain
Get someone to give you throw-downs for straight drives, if the ball is going in the air or after you have played your shot you are "falling forward down the wicket" you have played it to early. One common mistake many batsmen make is planting their foot too early idealy they should be coming down at near the same time.