• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Pre season training

Spinksy

Banned
I am getting my parents consent, you probably should too Jake. I am also bringing a box, gloves and maybe a few other things. We still can't get the bat though so it is kind of hard.

Jakester1288

International Regular
I am getting my parents consent, you probably should too Jake. I am also bringing a box, gloves and maybe a few other things. We still can't get the bat though so it is kind of hard.
I will, maybe for next week. We will need a whole term of training to prepare for Tamworth. I need to get the ball tomorrow, but we wont have pads, so even with your equipment we will not be able to play.

Jakester1288

International Regular
Wow, I didn't make the rep team. I really expected to, I was one of the best players there. And as for the Presidents son making it. Pfft. His spin is dire as a wall, I could bowl better spinners than him, probably with my eyes closed to!

Oh well, I am going for a job on Saturday, and ringing them about it tomorrow. Hope I can at least get that. :p

Jakester1288

International Regular
First game on Saturday, hoping I can perform well this season to show the rep selectors I can play, and play damn well!

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Wow, I didn't make the rep team. I really expected to, I was one of the best players there. And as for the Presidents son making it. Pfft. His spin is dire as a wall, I could bowl better spinners than him, probably with my eyes closed to!

Oh well, I am going for a job on Saturday, and ringing them about it tomorrow. Hope I can at least get that. :p
Not all wall's are dire today.

Benaud

Banned
Man up Jakester.

If your half as good as you say you are then you should comfortably slot into these minor rep teams.

Hit the nets champ.

Fezza_8600

Cricket Spectator
Wow, you're 12 years old? Incredible enthusiasm at your age ...
My season just started too, I'm 14, and I'm not doing too bad with the bat. I'm a bowler however I feel being a batsman is more valuable to the team.

bryce

International Regular
Man up Jakester.

If your half as good as you say you are then you should comfortably slot into these minor rep teams.

Hit the nets champ.
Haha, this advice shouldn't be ignored. I remember when I was 13 or so I bowled off-spin for a school which made the finals of the national intermediate school cup. Anyway got picked for the rep trial and thought I was the best spinner there, got a few wickets but still never made it. From then on it is a bit more difficult to make rep teams because you really have to put in big performances to get your name out there.

Jakester1288

International Regular
A guy had to pull out, playing rep this week as a fill in, then I might get an extended run. SOOOOO WRAPPED at the moment, bubbling with excitment. Just happy to play, hopefully I can cement my spot.

And to think some of the seniors thought I was playing 4th grade!

I'm soo happy, wont sleep till like 12 at this rate.

Was a good solid couple of hours bowling today. I bowled for an hour with my team, then we singled out two batsmen and a couple of bowlers to bowl at them. That took another twenty odd minutes whilst the rest were fielding. Then we went for fielding practice for only 5 minutes, then everyone went home. Mum wasn't back yet, so I decided to take the seniors on. Needless to say, I didn't go to well, but good enough to get a couple of wraps from them. I reckon I could compete with you guys in real life to be honest.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Haha, Sydney meet-up for sure. Where do you live Jakes? Will do the whole deal, vids and all.

Jakester1288

International Regular
I have school cricket today, I'm pretty sure it wont get rained out, I might be captaining the team. Pretty full on today. Opening the bowling, batting 3 and possibly captaining. Cant wait!