• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Good length

Spinksy

Banned
I am good at bowling good length deliveries but I am somewhat inconsistent in doing so and I am asking for some tips to help me out, and help of any value will be nice.

Cheers,

Spinksy.

Jakester1288

International Regular
Doesn't work for me tbh.
You can't be serious. Well you need to practice it. Bring one to school tomorrow and place it on a length and I'll bat and see how you go. If you can't hit it at least a few times you seriously need to do something different. Then I'll have a go as well, and the batsmen will feel peace of mind seeing where I'm trying to bowl, rather than at their body.

Spinksy

Banned
You can't be serious. Well you need to practice it. Bring one to school tomorrow and place it on a length and I'll bat and see how you go. If you can't hit it at least a few times you seriously need to do something different. Then I'll have a go as well, and the batsmen will feel peace of mind seeing where I'm trying to bowl, rather than at their body.
Haha, go for there body anyways every now and again, would me quite amusing in my opnion. Anyways, I think half my problem though is I am trying to hard, doesn't help with those annoying ****s in the way to be perfecly honest.

Jakester1288

International Regular
Haha, go for there body anyways every now and again, would me quite amusing in my opnion. Anyways, I think half my problem though is I am trying to hard, doesn't help with those annoying ****s in the way to be perfecly honest.
Oh, I will. I love scaring the **** out of them, and you will never stop me trying to intimidate batsmen. Spinksy, same should go for you. If any batsmen get on the front foot, bowl short and as fast as you can, and try your hardest to hit them. Never back down.

I hate the ****s who get in our way. Frick I feel like throwing the ball at their head! We have to try to block the ****s out, which is hard when you run in and they try to trip you.

So, will you bring the hankie tomorrow?

Spinksy

Banned
Oh, I will. I love scaring the **** out of them, and you will never stop me trying to intimidate batsmen. Spinksy, same should go for you. If any batsmen get on the front foot, bowl short and as fast as you can, and try your hardest to hit them. Never back down.

I hate the ****s who get in our way. Frick I feel like throwing the ball at their head! We have to try to block the ****s out, which is hard when you run in and they try to trip you.

So, will you bring the hankie tomorrow?
Yeah, I'll bring a hankie. It seems that you are the only person giving me pointers though. I would like some advice from different people too considering that I need all the help that I can get. Thanks for you help though Jakester1288.

-ShakeyBlakey-

Cricket Spectator
I am good at bowling good length deliveries but I am somewhat inconsistent in doing so and I am asking for some tips to help me out, and help of any value will be nice.

Cheers,

Spinksy.
Try to "throw" your bowling shoulder at the target when bringing your arm over.

Doesn't work for me tbh.
The most important thing to do when practising for accuracy is to keep focusing on a target when bowling, over time this will improve your accuracy, as long as you stick at it.

Chemosit

First Class Debutant
I find an old cd works better as it doesn't get blown around by the wind - very irritating to see your target suddenly breezed away just as you get into the delivery stride. Plus you can set yourself the added goal of shattering it by the end off the session...

andruid

Cricketer Of The Year
:naughty:

:naughty:

Double-assault :cool:

Y'all are stealing my shine8-)

Anyway.. on topic, I found this really helpful with my medium pace trundlers. On the crease mark out two lines connecting both sets of stumps and two lines across the track on a full length and short of a length. This should demarcate a box on the crease which you should try pitching the ball into.

Spinksy

Banned
Is it fairly hard to bowl a slower ball that hits the hankercheif? I find it quite hard myself, help?