• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Fitness/Workouts

Dark Hunter

State Vice-Captain
I am/was a fast bowler, but i haven't played properly for about a year and a half because of a reoccurring Hamstring injury, which is related to a problem i had with my back about 2 years ago. I'm currently working with an osteopath to get that right, but in the time I've been out of cricket, I've put on some weight, and lost a lot of fitness. So I'm wondering if anyone has any workouts or fitness schedules they use that they know are successful and good for getting back into shape, as well as strengthening the parts of the body that a Fast Bowler would use.
Even if you can just recommend a certain part of a workout, with regards to the getting back into shape for fast bowling, that would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance for any help in this thread.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Join a martial arts club. I did in April this year (I'm 38 and have zero flexibility and range of movement). The stretching alone (about 15 minutes at the start of each class) and the strengthening it gives your legs is excellent. It's also a good aerobic workout without mindlessly running on a treadmill. riding a stationary bike etc.
Let them know you've had this injury problem and they'll work with it and help you work through it.
Of course, if you've had a serious back injury, you'll need to think twice about it.