• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

How much training do i need too do?

pnesam07

Cricket Spectator
im a 14 year old boy. i want to be become a professional fast bowler im already pushing junior county level and bowl at good pace. So i need to put in some training as my stamina is pretty poor and get tired when bowling quite easy and my muscle strength isnt great so what sort of exercises do i need to do and how do i monitor my improvement in fitness and how much running should i put in.

cheers

Last edited:

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Need to do a little bit on your spelling first...:p

Don't do too much bowling in the nets as your body is still growing. Most important that you seek a trained coach's advice in the correct bowling action to reduce the risk of injury. Don't know too much about the strength and conditioning side of the training required, maybe someone else could help you in that regard.

pnesam07

Cricket Spectator
Need to do a little bit on your spelling first...:p

Don't do too much bowling in the nets as your body is still growing. Most important that you seek a trained coach's advice in the correct bowling action to reduce the risk of injury. Don't know too much about the strength and conditioning side of the training required, maybe someone else could help you in that regard.
yeah ive gone over my spelling and corrected it lol

cheers for the advice

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
I reckon you should participate in half marathons to be honest. Sign up for one, cause if you can do that, you'll find bowling longer spells easier.

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I was keeping once and got a cut lip from the ball finding a bit of extra bounce from a spinner. Wanted to keep playing, but the bastards made me go to hospital. It didn't hurt, and ffs, I didn't even rub it. Tugga would have been proud.

micoach

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
You could easily go to the nets 6 times a week, that will help build your stamina and skill at the same time.
Source: www.pitchvision.com (great site)
Half marathons would not help, its not relevant to cricket, you could try interval training (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Interval_training) which reflect's cricket's stop start nature.
A bit of strength training will not hurt either. 2-3 times per week.

At 14 I would be reluctant to let a bowler net 6x a week though. There is a increased chance of stress related injury.

shareefa

Cricket Spectator
i am a 24 year old . i want to be become a professional fast bowler So i need to put in some training as my stamina is pretty poor and get tired when bowling quite easy and my muscle strength isnt great so what sort of exercises do i need to do and how do i monitor my improvement in fitness and how much running should i put in.
Shareefa
SreeVysh Corp

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
im a 14 year old boy. i want to be become a professional fast bowler im already pushing junior county level and bowl at good pace. So i need to put in some training as my stamina is pretty poor and get tired when bowling quite easy and my muscle strength isnt great so what sort of exercises do i need to do and how do i monitor my improvement in fitness and how much running should i put in.

cheers
i am a 24 year old . i want to be become a professional fast bowler So i need to put in some training as my stamina is pretty poor and get tired when bowling quite easy and my muscle strength isnt great so what sort of exercises do i need to do and how do i monitor my improvement in fitness and how much running should i put in.
Shareefa
SreeVysh Corp

So odd.

micoach

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
The answer to both to get started is some simple circuit training. Most gyms and fitness places do some sort of class. It develops strength and stamina.