Cricket Player Manager

Thread: coming back from injury

School Boy/Girl Captain

coming back from injury

Hey all,

I suffered an ankle injury almost a month ago while bowling at a training session, and now i'm starting to feel better about coming back and starting to train again. I haven't played cricket since then, so I think I have a bit of work to do in order to regain fitness. I have never suffered an injury that has taken me this long to get back into action, so I'm wondering if you guys have any suggestions for me so that I can be back to bowling soon.

Also, since I've been out for a while, I think it might be a good time to see if I can improve my action from before : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O6OGv2WXsb8. We've gone over previously some of the things I need to work on: 1. run in straight and attack the crease, 2. drive my hips more through in the action, as well as other things. Is there anything more that I should work on to improve, and also, what is the best way to go about making these improvements? Any drills, exercises, etc.?

Thanks everyone!

School Boy/Girl Captain
    this is what i've thought of just as a general rehab regimen:

week 1: jog 1.5 miles 3 days a week. interval sprints (20m x 15) 2 days
    week 2: jog 1.5 miles 5 days a week: interval sprints (20m x 15) - 3days, bowling walkthroughs and jog throughs (100 times) - twice a week.
    week 3: jog 1.5 miles, 5 days a week, start bowling again...

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Matteh's Avatar
    Boredmeeting Champion!
    Naah, sod all that. If you're doing all that you may as well get bowling now.
    Quote Originally Posted by cpr View Post
    3. Although Cow Tipping is a hilarious student game in backwater towns such as Bangor, there really is no need for Mitchell to cover one side of the cow in superglue

Refreshingly Unconcerned With The Vulgar Exigencies Of Veracity
    yeah concur with mitchell, if you are fit enough to do that sort of exercise program, then you shouldnt have much problem bowling.

School Boy/Girl Captain
    i just started running and bowling a bit this week, and I have to say that my workout regimen from earlier is very ambitious. i desperately need to get back into shape.

I hear interval training is one of the fastest ways to regain cardiovascular fitness, so i've begun to do shuttle sprints and also i started sprinting straightaways on the track (roughly 100 yards) during jogging sessions (2 laps out of 5 total today).

my goal is to work up to 4 laps out of 6 a couple times a week, in addition to bowling practice and shuttle sprints.

hopefully i'll regain some fitness that way.

Thread Information