• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

coming back from injury

unccricket

School Boy/Girl Captain
Hey all,

I suffered an ankle injury almost a month ago while bowling at a training session, and now i'm starting to feel better about coming back and starting to train again. I haven't played cricket since then, so I think I have a bit of work to do in order to regain fitness. I have never suffered an injury that has taken me this long to get back into action, so I'm wondering if you guys have any suggestions for me so that I can be back to bowling soon.

Also, since I've been out for a while, I think it might be a good time to see if I can improve my action from before : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O6OGv2WXsb8. We've gone over previously some of the things I need to work on: 1. run in straight and attack the crease, 2. drive my hips more through in the action, as well as other things. Is there anything more that I should work on to improve, and also, what is the best way to go about making these improvements? Any drills, exercises, etc.?

Thanks everyone!

unccricket

School Boy/Girl Captain
this is what i've thought of just as a general rehab regimen:

week 1: jog 1.5 miles 3 days a week. interval sprints (20m x 15) 2 days
week 2: jog 1.5 miles 5 days a week: interval sprints (20m x 15) - 3days, bowling walkthroughs and jog throughs (100 times) - twice a week.
week 3: jog 1.5 miles, 5 days a week, start bowling again...

Matteh

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Naah, sod all that. If you're doing all that you may as well get bowling now.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
yeah concur with mitchell, if you are fit enough to do that sort of exercise program, then you shouldnt have much problem bowling.

unccricket

School Boy/Girl Captain
i just started running and bowling a bit this week, and I have to say that my workout regimen from earlier is very ambitious. i desperately need to get back into shape.

I hear interval training is one of the fastest ways to regain cardiovascular fitness, so i've begun to do shuttle sprints and also i started sprinting straightaways on the track (roughly 100 yards) during jogging sessions (2 laps out of 5 total today).

my goal is to work up to 4 laps out of 6 a couple times a week, in addition to bowling practice and shuttle sprints.

hopefully i'll regain some fitness that way.