• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

'Driving the Hips'

Auzayr

Cricket Spectator
Hi,
Could someone explain to me how to actually 'drive the hips? I read in Ian Ponts book that it creates a power blast, however, for me nothing happens. When im in my delivery stride i drive my back foot (also hip) towards my front knee. Nothing happens theres no power blast and no increase of speed. Can someone please tell me how to do it correctly for this so called 'power blast'.

Thanks

JoeShmoe

Cricket Spectator
Hi,
Could someone explain to me how to actually 'drive the hips? I read in Ian Ponts book that it creates a power blast, however, for me nothing happens. When im in my delivery stride i drive my back foot (also hip) towards my front knee. Nothing happens theres no power blast and no increase of speed. Can someone please tell me how to do it correctly for this so called 'power blast'.

Thanks
What he's getting at I suspect is making sure you get your weight moving forward as you play a shot. In all sports, golf, baseball, boxing even, you have to get your weight from you back foot to your lead foot as you 'hit' a shot. Rather like golf you can keep all your weight on your back foot and just swing your arms but if you move that forward as you hit a shot then you'll have more power

He probably meant something totally different mind:mellow: