• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The (other) things to bring

tigerz_spinner

Cricket Spectator
Any one have any suggestions on what to bring to your match apart from bat and pads ect. Im asking for any suggestions that may make the day go past faster or make the game a little easier :innocent: eg. chewing gum (makes the day fly buy) or to make the game that little bit easier my friend brings bottle caps (discretly roughs up the ball :shutup:.

Matteh

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I go for the watch and analyse approach with the occasional easy bowling to those next in.

The Baconator

International Vice-Captain
Making fun of the opposition's usually good for a laugh, especially any fat ones, or ones who are clearly up their own arse. Sometimes handy to have a little net as well, if you can.

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
Newspaper is essential when batting in the lower order so a 2 hr relaxing dump can take place

bond21

Banned
Making fun of the opposition's usually good for a laugh, especially any fat ones, or ones who are clearly up their own arse. Sometimes handy to have a little net as well, if you can.
bit of contradiction there?

making fun of the opposition makes YOU look like a wanker. To both your team and the opposition.

Matteh

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Naah, you do it when they're all in the field and not so they can hear. Just the odd comment of '**** me, my dog could throw further than that guy' suffices.

bond21

Banned
yea thats fine imo.

But insulting a player when they can hear makes you look like an ass.

For example in one of my teams theres this bowler who we think is pus and he regularly gets the most wickets in that grade, and we rag him all the time because we wonder how he gets all the wickets. Hes so slow but is accurate