• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

How am i going to win my grand final?

tigerz_spinner

Cricket Spectator
I just played the first half of my grand final.

we batted first and not so well, all out for 120. they went in and batted 40 minutes and made 20. To win they will need to make another 100 plus then send us in to bat. we then will need to bowl them all out to win. Any ideas on tactics or tips? oh and since we are the minor premiers we only have to draw.

Flem274*

123/5
I just played the first half of my grand final.

we batted first and not so well, all out for 120. they went in and batted 40 minutes and made 20. To win they will need to make another 100 plus then send us in to bat. we then will need to bowl them all out to win. Any ideas on tactics or tips? oh and since we are the minor premiers we only have to draw.
Well the only advice is really just fight for it. If you have the desire you've got a chance. If you're a batsman glue yourself to the crease, if you're a bowler use Ryan Sidebottom as an example. Just go hard basically.

Josh

International Regular
Yeh we had something similar. 220 on a diabolical pitch, the opposition had beat us on something similar during the regular season, and it was their home Grand Final, so essentially they could do whatever they wanted to the pitch. They were 114/2 after the first day, needing another 117 to win. We gave ourselves a chance as the best bowling attack in the comp, alas could only muster one more wicket (of which I took a great catch at mid wicket, by the way!) and they passed us easily within 20 overs on the 2nd day.