• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Pakistani Fast Bowlers

Manee

Cricketer Of The Year
Two questions about pakistani fast bowlers from me.

For one, how do they produce so many bowlers of express pace? Shoaib Akhtar, Mohammad Sami, Rana Naved can/have all bowl(ed) at 145kph and going back in time, Waqar Younis and Wasim were both very sharp in their day and going back further, Imran Khan was, to quote Richie Benaud "fast medium and occasionally fast". This is all neighbouring India who have only really had Javagal Srinath (for a year or two) and Ishant Sharma of similar pace. Furthermore, Pakistan have batteries of 135kph bowlers (three are mentioned below) whereas a place like India have bowlers nearer the 125kph mark.

Secondly, how do Pakistani pace bowlers (specifically those around the 135kph mark) have such good FC statistics (strike rates in particular) when Pakistan is renouned for dead wickets. Sohail Khan has a strike rate of 33.8, Yasir Arafat has one of 40.4 and Samiullah Khan has a FC strike rate of 41.3, to name just a few.

Can a moderator please move this to cricket chat, I accidentally posted it here.

gunner

U19 Cricketer
just the habitat really,

most of the bowlers come from mountain areas and hilly areas where you got to work hard throughout the day from a young age.

the reputationw as going down in the last year or 2 cos of medium pace trundlers like shahid nazir but now with the experimenting in the zimbabwe series some of the pacers have re emerged

Xuhaib

International Coach
Two questions about pakistani fast bowlers from me.

For one, how do they produce so many bowlers of express pace? Shoaib Akhtar, Mohammad Sami, Rana Naved can/have all bowl(ed) at 145kph and going back in time, Waqar Younis and Wasim were both very sharp in their day and going back further, Imran Khan was, to quote Richie Benaud "fast medium and occasionally fast". This is all neighbouring India who have only really had Javagal Srinath (for a year or two) and Ishant Sharma of similar pace. Furthermore, Pakistan have batteries of 135kph bowlers (three are mentioned below) whereas a place like India have bowlers nearer the 125kph mark.

Secondly, how do Pakistani pace bowlers (specifically those around the 135kph mark) have such good FC statistics (strike rates in particular) when Pakistan is renouned for dead wickets. Sohail Khan has a strike rate of 33.8, Yasir Arafat has one of 40.4 and Samiullah Khan has a FC strike rate of 41.3, to name just a few.

Can a moderator please move this to cricket chat, I accidentally posted it here.
Poor batsmanship is one of the reasons. Some one like Niazi is very very average but he is made to look like a world beater in these FC games. I have also heard the balls they use for the domestic cricket swings and seams more then the ones that are used in Int cricket