• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Feedback on visitors bowling video

James

Cricket Web Owner
This clip was sent to us for analysis in the possible new Coaching section but it isn't of the required picture standard. It is included here for others to view and give advice on.

Attachments

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
Left knee collapses a little and doesnt drive off the left leg with the same force as enters the action with.

Good hip and shoulder rotation though

bond21

Banned
isnt that you goughy?

anyway it looks like in the runup your arms are going from side to side too much which is throwing off momentum and probably throwing off your load up from time to time.

I was told by a state U19 rep cricketer to keep the arms tucked into the body, so they dont sway in the run up, as it will help you load up with 100% consistency. As you know if that is indeed you goughy, a bad load up or an inconsistent one will throw your rhythm off and you wont bowl consistently.

watch brett lee for a good example, his arms are in straight lines with short pumps to help him accelerate forward.

Manee

Cricketer Of The Year
This bowler looks like he has had injuries to the back and/or knees by the way he sort of holds back in what is a very good action. Of course, there is minor stuff like the running style but the only major problem I can spot is the front arm pointing toward gully like Steve Harmison.

I'm going to have a guestimate and say that the bowling is near-enough to 80mph off a full run. The bowler does a lot of the little things right.

Last edited: