• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Throwing.

andmark

International Captain
I noticed today I need to work on throwing. I need to get more distance and accuracy.
Does anyone have some tips? They'll be appreciated:)

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
If you want to keep it simple (and assuming you are right handed).

- Left arm pointing where you want ball to go
- Right elbow should be over soulder height as you pull back and release
- Step into the throw and bring your hip through

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
When you're side on, about to throw, your throwing arm should stay on the outside of your body line. It shouldn't come from behind your head.

Matteh

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
How do you get 'girl throwers' to stop throwing like a girl? It's kind of hard to describe what i mean but it looks like it's down to floppy elbow/wrist motions.

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Generally that's due to nothing whatsoever coming from shoulder or hip rotation and everything just being a flap of the arm.

MrDucksWorth

Cricket Spectator
How do you get 'girl throwers' to stop throwing like a girl? It's kind of hard to describe what i mean but it looks like it's down to floppy elbow/wrist motions.

It can be hard, I tried once to teach someone. I think half the battle is them not being embarrassed when throwing, its almost like less effort and the less of their body being utilised the lessor the embarrassment. They don't want to move there feet into right positions and rotate their shoulders around.

shortpitched713

International Captain
Remember, when tick throwing you're not looking to time the throw for when they are in block-stun but rather for right when they get out of block-stun. Its a great tactic for mine.

bond21

Banned
girl throwers just have poor hand eye co-ordination.

So do bowlers who cant bowl without looking ridiculously awkward.

Not much you can do about it, they just dont have it in them to do better

bond21

Banned
some people are just unco-ordinated.

Even though they say like you only need 10% natural talent and 90% hard work to make it, you still need that 10% of natural talent.