Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Need Help? Send Us Clips

Need Help? Send Us Clips

CricketWeb Coaching is looking for videos of players that need help with a certain aspect of their game.

Please email videos of the footage to James and he'll handle the sizing, etc of them.

If chosen the video may be used in a possible future section.

This is a chance to get great coaching advice based on your own personal game.

We look forward to seeing the clips of you playing.
    Last edited by James; 21-02-2008 at 05:23 AM.
    If I only just posted the above post, please wait 5 mins before replying as there is bound to be edits

West Robham Rabid Wolves Caedere lemma quod eat lemma

Happy Birthday! (easier than using Birthday threads)

Email and MSN- Goughy at cricketmail dot net

International Regular DCC_legend's Avatar
    This is pretty cool. I've been meaning to get advice for a while.
    Where's my money?

hmm I wonder where I can get a video camera from
    Your primary concern should be whether we get given justice in the next life. If so, I'd be in great trouble without Jesus.

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Matteh's Avatar
    Boredmeeting Champion!
    Richard....
    Quote Originally Posted by cpr View Post
    3. Although Cow Tipping is a hilarious student game in backwater towns such as Bangor, there really is no need for Mitchell to cover one side of the cow in superglue

Don
    do yall want footage of a match or like in the nets. which is preferred
    WERE LEAN WERE MEAN WERE THE GREEN MACHINE CW GREEN'S OTHER LHB.

Whatever you prefer, send both if you like

sounds like a great idea....good work guys.......mmm coaching i love it!
    Career cricket
    311 wickets @16.54 and 3021 runs @ 34.56 from 176 games over 11 years H.S 178*
    Member of the CW Green
    Cricket Web Career:(end of season 11) FC: 7404 runs @ 30.85 H.S 253* : One Day: 7331 runs @ 48.55 H.S 155*
    Off season: FC 1209 @ 52.51 & One Day: 921 @ 92.10
    COD4: djs clan
    World Of Warcraft: just sensational

Hi Guys

i am from england, i am the old ecb level 2 coach, the new one seems a bit of a doddle compared to what we had to do, been coaching for 11 years now, this is a great forum.
    kind regards terry

Banned
    thats funny, in Australia ive asked lvl 2 coaches and they said it was a lot easier to get 10 or 20 years ago.

level 2 ecb

Hi there,
    i see when i did my level 2 coaching, we had video anylasis exam, batting and bowling, you had to demonstrate leg spin, off spin, in swing, away swing and make the ball at least offer to spin or swing. ie seam position in flight, you got 2 goes if cocked up failed!!! batting front font and back foot defensive and aggressive strokes, wicket keeping take down the legside and orthodox take, a 10 minute net session, bowling and batting, fielding, 3 disciplines infield and outfield, plus if you wanted to go onto level 3 then you had to score more than 3 out of 5 in each discipline!!!
    plus another written exam on bio mechanics and sports science, plus a child welfare exam, and a first aid course.
    needless to say the pass rate was at about 70%, now its a doddle ( i know my son has just done it )
    cheers terry

Banned
    wow ok that sounds much harder.

ECB possibly have different parameters than Qld Cricket which is the one Im actually using to get the certs.

i think the changes in the format of the level 2 is to try and accomodate school teachers, you see in england you cannot coach a net session with a hard ball unless you are level 2 or higher, thus the old level 2 was brought about before these new safety regs, its market was based on good quality cricketers ie good club/county players who want to go into coaching as a proffessian after their playing careers.
    whereas now (for the better by the way) you do a small amount of the old stuff to get level 2 acredatation, and then you can progress onto level 3 by doing 5 modules on some of the good stuff i mentioned in the earlier thread.

Cricket Web Staff Member / Global Moderator Neil Pickup's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by spunbowler View Post
    i think the changes in the format of the level 2 is to try and accomodate school teachers, you see in england you cannot coach a net session with a hard ball unless you are level 2 or higher, thus the old level 2 was brought about before these new safety regs, its market was based on good quality cricketers ie good club/county players who want to go into coaching as a proffessian after their playing careers.
    whereas now (for the better by the way) you do a small amount of the old stuff to get level 2 acredatation, and then you can progress onto level 3 by doing 5 modules on some of the good stuff i mentioned in the earlier thread.
    Too right about the old Level 2 being infinitely harder! Spent the best part of my first year at Uni teaching myself how to bowl inswing in order to pass it - anyone can get through the UKCC2... and as for the UKCC1... well, if anyone ever fails that... (actually, people do, but it's because their paperwork's not in order).

Progression to UKCC3 is a little more complex than you suggest, too - two people at my club has just passed it following a year of work and a bucketload of paperwork: the "workshops", to my understanding, are just a 'bridge' rather than a way of reaching the qualification.

Also, I'm pretty sure (read certain) you don't need a UKCC2 in order to take a net session. Who's told you that?
    MSN Messenger: minardineil2000 at hotmail dot com | AAAS Chairman
    CricketWeb Black | CricketWeb XI Captain
    ClarkeWatch: We're Watching Rikki - Are You?

Up The Grecians - Exeter City FC

Completing the Square: My Cricket Web Blog

Hi Niel,
    not so much the net session, but certainly with a hard ball, you need ecb level 2 to coach with a hard ball, yes you are right about the level 3 thats what i meant the 5 modules just get you too the door
    4 runs at richmond!!

Cricket Web Staff Member / Global Moderator Neil Pickup's Avatar
    Again, pretty certain that's not the case - I know at prep school level we play hardball across the board from U10 upwards: and most schools have more pitches, never mind nets, than L2 coaches...

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information