Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Need Help? Send Us Clips

Cricket Spectator
    Thanks for your time guys.. Really useful advice

Please also tell me how to ball inswingers(for that matter any swing would help) by snapping the wrist.. i mean, do we need to turn the seam towards leg slip(first slip for outswing) and then snap the wrist on release or we should tilt the hand to the LEFT and then snap the wrist on release ?
    Ur advice and help would be appreciated.

International 12th Man Outswinger@Pace's Avatar
    My previous post does differentiate between swing in the air (letting it roll out gently) and getting movement and bounce off the track (snapping the wrists).

For more detailed info on grips and stuff, check out these links - Cricket Articles. Enjoy, kanna!

Cricket Spectator

Icon7

It's very cool,sound gereat!

Cricket Spectator
    https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v...54288370449029
    https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v...05652838343283
    These are a few low quality videos of my bowling from last year - first season. Any thoughts for improvement?

International Vice-Captain Riggins's Avatar
    good turn. probably need to be faster through the air. hows the seam come out, any drift?
    The sort of general malaise that only the genius possess and the insane lament.

Cricket Spectator
    Quote Originally Posted by Riggins View Post
    good turn. probably need to be faster through the air. hows the seam come out, any drift?
    Thanks Riggins
    Yeah I wasn't bowling over my front leg and was very tentative through the crease. Bowling speed is faster now. With my normal grip the seam comes out upright. The 45 degree top spinning leg break is my stock ball on most pitches, (in the second video the second ball was a perfect 45 degree leg break) then of course the 75 degree top spinning delivery is a handy delivery to get some nice turn and a little bit of dip as well, and the 90 degree leg break (Usually a bit slower to get lots of grip) The rest of my deliveries are all bowled with a scrambled seam to make them more difficult to pick (45 degree OBS, top spinner, googly)
    I do get very nice drift these days, if only I could get out to the nets alone and shoot a few videos! My drift usually is enough to make most batsmen play for zero turn which results in a very weird, miss timed shot. It happens countless times against right handed batsman with the first ball, they see the drift, and not knowing that I'm a chinaman they play to the right of the ball from their view (as if it's an outswinger) trying to play a cover drive, but end up hitting the ball towards mid wicket. Very ugly, but nice to see if your a bowler

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread Information