Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Need Help? Send Us Clips

Bowling tgfg Champion! Carmageddon Champion! Rainman Champion! DTunnel Champion!
    Your bowling looks fine Faisal. Would suggest a bigger follow through, making sure you're pulling that left arm through quickly.
    Jesus saves

member of Liverpool FC and Melbourne City

International Vice-Captain Faisal1985's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Nnanden View Post
    Your bowling looks fine Faisal. Would suggest a bigger follow through, making sure you're pulling that left arm through quickly.
    Thanks Nnanden,

Certainly...i have slowly started to work on that...along with cutting down some pounds...

Actually now i feel the main issue is that i play a lot of tape ball cricket as well and i think its because of that that my action gets mixed up..in Tapeball its a completely different type of bowling.
    BE AFRIDI!
    Be VERY AFRIDI!!

Quote Originally Posted by Faisal1985 View Post
    Thanks Nnanden,

Certainly...i have slowly started to work on that...along with cutting down some pounds...

Actually now i feel the main issue is that i play a lot of tape ball cricket as well and i think its because of that that my action gets mixed up..in Tapeball its a completely different type of bowling.
    I practise with an 'incredi' ball (like a tape ball but more realistic to a cricket ball), and I get tons of spin But sometimes when I pitch it perfectly 2 inches outside off (maybe more- i spin it alot) it doesn t spin! It is so annoying but I have a totally different style with incredi balls
    Quote Originally Posted by zaremba
    If Shoiab starts throwing his jockstrap around, they're all going to catch something

Accidental Founder of the Fawad Alam Appreciation Society!

Slowfinger - An active member of CricketWeb for 7 years and counting!

Quote Originally Posted by slowfinger View Post
    I practise with an 'incredi' ball (like a tape ball but more realistic to a cricket ball), and I get tons of spin But sometimes when I pitch it perfectly 2 inches outside off (maybe more- i spin it alot) it doesn t spin! It is so annoying but I have a totally different style with incredi balls
    wow..the first time i heard of the incredi balls....post a pic of it.....love off spinners bowling to me tbh....lol

wow..the first time i heard of the incredi balls....post a pic of it.....love off spinners bowling to me tbh....lol

Looks , feels, swings and spins like a real cricket ball at times, just alot softer(plasic), awkward bounce at times but as good to the real deal as it gets.

EDIT: Can you see the pic? I can't see my ow pic which is wierd.
    Last edited by slowfinger; 28-08-2010 at 11:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by slowfinger View Post

Looks , feels, swings and spins like a real cricket ball at times, just alot softer(plasic), awkward bounce at times but as good to the real deal as it gets.

EDIT: Can you see the pic? I can't see my ow pic which is wierd.
    Nop...can't see the pic.

Cricket Spectator
    Quote Originally Posted by DCC_legend View Post
    This is pretty cool. I've been meaning to get advice for a while.
    hmm I wonder where I can get a video camera from

Hall of Fame Member Son Of Coco's Avatar
    I think i understand what you are saying. Wouldn't this slow down the pace though? Especially the second method....even if it does i don't think it should matter for a surprise ball....but nice tip...will check it out for sure...

Usually my surprise ball is the slower one...where i split the fingers on the ball so that it comes out a bit slower.....got this tip from Qaiser Ali, the Canadian National player...you will find him on cricinfo...and funny thing, in a league game i even got him out with the same ball....
    The easiest way to bowl the leg-cutter is to grip the ball normally with both fingers slightly down either side of the seam and then drop the index finger down the side of the ball. This way you should naturally impart some spin on the ball without losing pace. You don't have to drop it down too far.

A guy who used to play first grade in Brisbane taught me this method and it worked very well. If it hits the seam it goes towards the slips (to a r-hander) and if it doesn't in generally skids on.
    "What is this what is this who is this guy shouting what is this going on in here?" - CP. (re: psxpro)

R.I.P Craigos, you were a champion bloke. One of the best

R.I.P Fardin 'Bob' Qayyumi

Member of the Church of the Holy Glenn McGrath

"How about you do something contstructive in this forum for once and not fill the forum with ****. You offer nothing." - theegyptian.

That is a great tip tbh...it is working for me somewhat to bowl the leg cutters..got 4 T20s coming up this weekend....another opportunity to test it in match situation....

You guys have been amazing..thanks all.

Banned

health fitness

I need help too in making my batting better and I want to improve my health fitness too, If you have unique tips then guide me through please. Thank you.

Banned
    I need help too in making my batting better and I want to improve my health fitness too, If you have unique tips then guide me through please. Thank you.

Cricket Spectator
    Can anyone tell me if it is better to snap the wrists just before releasing the ball or keep the wrists cocked.?

I can personally do both with pretty decent control. So I wanted to know from the experts about which is better.

Just see which one gets you more wickets and concedes less runs. Of course, if they come out at different speeds, then look to vary it up and keep the quicker one as a stock ball.
    The speed at which a fielding team gets through the innings is overrated.

International 12th Man Outswinger@Pace's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by vijayjd View Post
    Can anyone tell me if it is better to snap the wrists just before releasing the ball or keep the wrists cocked.?

I can personally do both with pretty decent control. So I wanted to know from the experts about which is better.
    Nowhere in the vicinity of being an expert, but I can offer my two cents.

Keeping the wrists cocked is very good for outswing with a new ball. In that way, you let the ball roll gently through the fingers and the seam is upright. The constant wrist position does the work more than a snapping/jerking action, if that statement makes any sense. Slightly firmer wrists (and a different grip obv.) is required for new ball inswing. Please bear in mind this is predominantly swing in the air that I'm talking about.

Snapping the wrists works for me if I intend to get some zip off the seam or greater bounce. It's usually done with a not-so-new ball, so the seam is still relatively hard but the shine is no longer there. So, in principle you are banging the ball on the seam with a powerful timely wrist action rather than letting it float out. It's unlikely that such a delivery would move in the air, but could behave like a bitch after pitching.

Don't be jealous of the Georgie Pie super smash
    For your stock ball Snap your wrist Except it shouldn't be a hard snap.

Bowlers who snap come on to me about 2 yards quicker.
    Quote Originally Posted by HeathDavisSpeed View Post
    I got great enjoyment in going to the game and shouting "WHY THE **** ISN'T THIS GAME BEING PLAYED AT THE BASIN?!>!?!?" to reasonably significant cheers from the sparse crowd
    Proudly against the bring back Bennett movement since he is injury prone and won't last 5 days.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread Information