• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Need Help? Send Us Clips

Manee

Cricketer Of The Year
I don't really like the position you get into after you release the ball. You can tell you are trying to get the ball down quickly which I could guess could cause problems in lower grades.
What do you mean?

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
What do you mean?
Sorry I was a bit unclear. What I was trying to say is that it doesn't look like you'd bowl fast, but your release looks fast, which would cause problems to some batsmen I would imagine.

I've watched the replay like 15 times [the third clip] and the action is good. What speed do you bowl at?

Last edited:

Manee

Cricketer Of The Year
I've been timed at 62mph, but considering that that was at the end of a long net session, I'd say I can get up to about 64mph.

bond21

Banned
Its a good action but you need more momentum in your run up, you would be surprised at how much speed you get from the run up, I reckon 20% if you're run up is good.

Atreyu

School Boy/Girl Captain
Hey guys, this still going on? If I post a vid of my action and post it can you guys review it?

Rasterius

Cricket Spectator
Hi guys I was wondering whether this video analysis is free, I need someone to look at my new action and clarify some points on bowling, thanks.

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Your run up looks decent mate, but the arm held across the front of the body is strange :huh:

In the second clip you don't seem to get a lot out of your run up as far as momentum through the crease goes, it's like you run in with good momentum and then lose it a bit at the crease.

I'm sure someone else will have something more constructive to say.

Jakester1288

International Regular
I'm working on transfering the weight between my run up and action to follow through with the straight front leg and bent back leg like Tom wrote in an article for PitchVision.

Faisal1985

International Vice-Captain
YouTube - Bowling against Toronto 2
YouTube - Bowling against Toronto 1

I will also upload a bigger file with more bowling clips...

For now these are for the coaches...all comments are welcome.

FYI...i have never had a single session of coaching in my life...i have learned my bowling on my own watching videos and matches in the deserts of Saudia where i was born and played my tapeball cricket..so if you see something terribly wrong with my bowling let me know..thanks

Edit: the "Bowling against Toronto 1" video was an attempted bouncer, the pitch was so ****ty that the ball didn't even bounce even the batsman was like.. WTF???

Last edited:

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
I think you just wanted comments from coaches - but I will give you my opinion anyway.

Your follow through isn't complete - it made me question if you were trying to bowl inswingers when I saw you were following through. Try to finish with your bowling hand on the left hand side of your body if possible.

Also why were you bowling around the wicket in one clip. If you are bowling inswingers that would not be a good idea.

Try and hold your head steadier if you can during the delivery.

On the final clip you got good bounce.

Good stuff overall. Look like a good medium pacer.

Manee

Cricketer Of The Year
Nice bouncer and a solid bit of pace - definitely not slow. Loads of fast bowling coaching around the net these days...

Fast bowling tips - MCI - Mavericks Cricket Institute
Pace Bowling | Cricket coaching, fitness and tips

Those should get you started.

I'm no coach, either, but looking at your bowling, I'd say you have some issues with the action:
- You run in extremely slowly. You probably watch international cricket and see bowlers looking like they're jogging in and try to emulate it. However, even Simon Jones, when he came in off eight paces, runs in a good deal quicker than you are. I'm not saying to charge in as if you are Usain Bolt, but turn the slow jog you have into a brisk controlled jog.

- You do not follow through fully. The ideal follow through has the non bowling arm pointing to the sky after a full rotation. 95% of quick bowlers do this - here is a picture of Donald fully folloiwing through compared to yours.

Notice how you have to jog a bit to follow through whereas most professionals transfer energy fully into the ball and so have a short follow through despite running in considerably quicker than you do. By no means am I saying to stop after you release it, but if you do release it correctly, you won't find the need to almost slow down your run up after you've released the ball.