• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Need Help? Send Us Clips

Manee

Cricketer Of The Year
Any critical advice from anyone? Clearly the ball is not coming out very quickly.

Kweek

Cricketer Of The Year
I think it's the hair...
in all seriousness, when I looked to your action I got a sore back just watching it, maybe it was just one ball haha...

my opinion looking at the second clip; you are falling away to the right, while your body and head should be towards the batsman so basically your arm is going somewhere else then your head.
always when bowling look where your ball is going.

also when you are bowling I think you should jump a little higher to get the side of your body more streched you stay quiet compact while you can generate more pace from this.
also your runup seems quiet slow if you want to get more pace, if you manage to up your speed a bit, get your action higher and not falling away you will see some extra pace coming out of yourself..

but i'm a spinner with no certificate what so ever, ive only done some coaching, but I tend to pick flaws in pace bowlers quiet easily...but you have to wait for Goughy or Pont to confirm or deny this ;)

bond21

Banned
Well it looks like youre practising in a restricting area, so its probably not ur full run up.

If it is, ur running in too slowly.

theres nothing wrong with the delivery stride unless you want to be biomechanically perfect, which is impossible, dont change it.

bond21

Banned
For some reason I always find left armers to have a really smooth looking action...

Before release arch your back, then pull your leading elbow in hard to the body, should generate more pace.
what about that pakistani Tanvir I think it is?

bond21

Banned
nice action.

One thing I would suggest is try to get your left arm up as high as you can, this will increase pace and accuracy

-ShakeyBlakey-

Cricket Spectator
lol! No I'm 13. Who told you I was 10? :laugh: I'll get you some clips of my drive soon, and they will better quality because i'llbe using a proper camera. Cheers for both of your time. I'll try that the next time i go to the nets.

Last edited:

Jakester1288

International Regular
lol! No I'm 13. Who told you I was 10? :laugh: I'll get you some clips of my drive soon, and they will better quality because i'llbe using a proper camera. Cheers for both of your time. I'll try that the next time i go to the nets.
Someone in the thread you made. Go check it.

bond21

Banned
its hard to determine accuracy and pace with youtube clips but it looked like it was in the right spot, the batsman was coming forward and defending, which is a sign of good accuracy.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Any critical advice from anyone? Clearly the ball is not coming out very quickly.
I don't really like the position you get into after you release the ball. You can tell you are trying to get the ball down quickly which I could guess could cause problems in lower grades.

-ShakeyBlakey-

Cricket Spectator
its hard to determine accuracy and pace with youtube clips but it looked like it was in the right spot, the batsman was coming forward and defending, which is a sign of good accuracy.
Cheers, for your time! I will be getting some better quality clips soon!

Back to your net and I agree what you've already been advised, that the left arm needs to be better utilized.
Cheers, for your time! I'll definitely be fiddling around with it the next time i go to the nets (today/tomorrow)

Last edited: