Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Indoor Cricket - Bowl strait or outside off? normally

Indoor Cricket - Bowl strait or outside off? normally

I'm wondering what would be more successful in indoor cricket.

If I bowl around the wicket to the right hander (which is where I am most accurate) and get it pitching on middle or off, the angle makes it bounces up 'outside off' then I could be getting nicks. Except in indoor cricket you don't really have slips and the wicket keeper is standing quite close. Having this as my stock bowl would make the occasional in-swinger to leg stump very effective due to the speed of indoor cricket, him expecting the outside off ball and him trying to smack the outside off balls with him trying to make room.

If I bowl over the wicket (which makes me bowl strait and sometimes trail down leg side) your stock ball is on stumps in which there is no wicket keeper to drop your catches so I'm not sure which to normally bowl.

What do you think? I'm starting indoor cricket this year for the first time
    Your primary concern should be whether we get given justice in the next life. If so, I'd be in great trouble without Jesus.

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Matteh's Avatar
    Boredmeeting Champion!
    Go for just back of a length on off. Think you're better off bowling it a tad shorter rather than too full based on the rules i've played indoor cricket by.
    Quote Originally Posted by cpr View Post
    3. Although Cow Tipping is a hilarious student game in backwater towns such as Bangor, there really is no need for Mitchell to cover one side of the cow in superglue

Request Your Custom Title Now! Simon's Avatar
    In indoor cricket you want to be bowling tight in at the hip or ribs, it really only gives the batsman one scoring chance and thats a two on the leg side, it also increases your chances of a run out if you have your best fielder at leg side and someone with a good arm at leg guard.

Quote Originally Posted by Matteh View Post
    Go for just back of a length on off. Think you're better off bowling it a tad shorter rather than too full based on the rules i've played indoor cricket by.
    outside off stump every ball is just cannon fodder, its a minimum two every ball if you are a reasonable batsman...

Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
    outside off stump every ball is just cannon fodder, its a minimum two every ball if you are a reasonable batsman...
    yeah that's what my thinking was. But if you were getting them high enough he might not be able to get onto it enough and might get some catches. And then have that one that swings back in to leg stump to bowl him out.

But yeah up at just below his ribs coming from over the wicket doesn't sound like such a bad Idea. Except 1 run a ball isn't a bad run rate. I guess he might start doing stupid things like backing away from the stumps to give him room if you persist long enough 'maybe'.

Echo what has already been said.

Indoor cricket you want to be short of a length into the body.

On the stumps, just outside off etc is all meat and drink if it is on a good or full length.
    If I only just posted the above post, please wait 5 mins before replying as there is bound to be edits

West Robham Rabid Wolves Caedere lemma quod eat lemma

Happy Birthday! (easier than using Birthday threads)

Email and MSN- Goughy at cricketmail dot net

Tried the shorter stuff but usually gets dispatched for 7s. Was good in theory though. Outside off works best for me and straight has too much chance of drifting down leg, I find.
    Rest In Peace Craigos
    2003-2012

Bowling tgfg Champion! Carmageddon Champion! Rainman Champion! DTunnel Champion!
    Haha, how were you getting hit for 7s?

Leggie playing indoor cricket
    Jesus saves

proudly supporting Liverpool FC

Hall of Fame Member Son Of Coco's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
    It depends on how good a bowler you are though...and in my experience indoor cricket balls usually swing whichever way you want them to. Especially if they've been re-lacquered
    "What is this what is this who is this guy shouting what is this going on in here?" - CP. (re: psxpro)

R.I.P Craigos, you were a champion bloke. One of the best

R.I.P Fardin 'Bob' Qayyumi

Member of the Church of the Holy Glenn McGrath

"How about you do something contstructive in this forum for once and not fill the forum with ****. You offer nothing." - theegyptian.

Quote Originally Posted by Son Of Coco View Post
    It depends on how good a bowler you are though...and in my experience indoor cricket balls usually swing whichever way you want them to. Especially if they've been re-lacquered
    actually depends more on the batsman, i play indoor at a fairly good level so unless it is cramping the batters for room then you usually get hammered.

i'll know which works best for me when I actually start playing I guess. I think it will depend on how much bunch I 'can' get.

I think outside off would work if its 'high' enough, because the normal outdoor length that gets nicked probably wouldn't work as well because indoor players are more willing to angle the bat and try to smash it, as opposed to playing a drive on a ball you should of let go through to the keeper.

Quote Originally Posted by Nnanden View Post
    Haha, how were you getting hit for 7s?

Leggie playing indoor cricket
    Can't seem to generate enough pace as I usually rely on a longish run up for that. The truncated run up really kills me so the shorter balls with not the highest amount of pace just get smacked back over my head.

Quote Originally Posted by MrDucksWorth View Post
    i'll know which works best for me when I actually start playing I guess. I think it will depend on how much bunch I 'can' get.

I think outside off would work if its 'high' enough, because the normal outdoor length that gets nicked probably wouldn't work as well because indoor players are more willing to angle the bat and try to smash it, as opposed to playing a drive on a ball you should of let go through to the keeper.
    Just remember in Indoor any ball above the shoulder is a no ball, so if you are giving the batsman width outside off you wouldnt want it anything under chest height so you dont have much to work with.

Full tosses can be effective, if not unsporting sometimes, as the rule is slightly different to that in outdoor, to be called a no ball it has to be above the shoulder on the full.

oh I ment bouncing 'high' outside off. So shorter then an outdoor length, I just don't know if I will get enough pace.

Quote Originally Posted by MrDucksWorth View Post
    oh I ment bouncing 'high' outside off. So shorter then an outdoor length, I just don't know if I will get enough pace.
    yeh i know, was just adding that the odd full toss is alright

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information