Cricket Player Manager
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 16 to 24 of 24

Thread: Indoor Cricket - Bowl strait or outside off? normally

  1. #16
    Cricket Spectator MrDucksWorth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Adelaide
    Posts
    48
    Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
    yeh i know, was just adding that the odd full toss is alright
    oh ok thanks.

    So who are you more likely to run out the batter or the non striker?

    I went down and watched some indoor cricket where i'll be playing the other day. It seemed like as long as you got onto the ball a little bit and didn't think you hit it strait to a fielder you just run. No time to communicate, just run, lol
    Your primary concern should be whether we get given justice in the next life. If so, I'd be in great trouble without Jesus.

  2. #17
    Request Your Custom Title Now! Simon's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Canberra
    Posts
    25,599
    Quote Originally Posted by MrDucksWorth View Post
    oh ok thanks.

    So who are you more likely to run out the batter or the non striker?
    Depends where you are fielding, obviously if you are in the back court its easier to run out the batsman who hit it, if you are are cover, point or leg side generally you "slap" the ball at the keeper to effect a run out. Obviously the same as outdoor cricket you use judgement in the heat of the moment and throw to the end you feel you have the best chance of getting them out.

    Quote Originally Posted by MrDucksWorth View Post
    I went down and watched some indoor cricket where i'll be playing the other day. It seemed like as long as you got onto the ball a little bit and didn't think you hit it strait to a fielder you just run. No time to communicate, just run, lol
    Yeh pretty much is the aim, when two reasonably matched teams play each other the difference at the end of the game is who has the least run outs, I generally like to bat with the same people all the time because after a while you can tell if they want to run by body language.

    As to hitting the ball, your aim is generally to hit the ball into the ground and get it high on the nets so your partner can get through and make the run easier. Bad balls you look to put away at the back net, but even then a side to back four is your lowest risk shot.

  3. #18
    Hall of Fame Member Son Of Coco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Brisbane, Australia
    Posts
    17,229
    Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
    actually depends more on the batsman, i play indoor at a fairly good level so unless it is cramping the batters for room then you usually get hammered.
    It's fairly relative though...isn't it? I played Superleague on the coast and there's a lot of nudging going on into the top part of the nets etc but you only get hammered if you bowl a bad ball.
    "What is this what is this who is this guy shouting what is this going on in here?" - CP. (re: psxpro)

    R.I.P Craigos, you were a champion bloke. One of the best

    R.I.P Fardin 'Bob' Qayyumi

    Member of the Church of the Holy Glenn McGrath

    "How about you do something contstructive in this forum for once and not fill the forum with ****. You offer nothing." - theegyptian.

  4. #19
    Request Your Custom Title Now! Simon's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Canberra
    Posts
    25,599
    Quote Originally Posted by Son Of Coco View Post
    It's fairly relative though...isn't it? I played Superleague on the coast and there's a lot of nudging going on into the top part of the nets etc but you only get hammered if you bowl a bad ball.
    well generally, i play with and against some guys that play for Australia and it doesnt take much to become a bad ball against them...


  5. #20
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    New York, New York
    Posts
    953
    its a batsman's game though indoor cricket.

    I should hope they can score runs seeing as you can only run in off 3 steps.

  6. #21
    Hall of Fame Member Son Of Coco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Brisbane, Australia
    Posts
    17,229
    Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
    well generally, i play with and against some guys that play for Australia and it doesnt take much to become a bad ball against them...
    Exactly, so it's relative...I don't think many of us will have to worry about where we're going to bowl to guys that have played for Australia though. Plus, as far as I'm concerned, it's the same as outdoor in the respect that not every batsman is going to come in and have weaknesses in the same areas so saying you bowl in one spot not to get hit doesn't make sense.

    It is a batsman's game though (as the person above me said), and you can bowl to some guys who are pretty ordinary and still not get them out as they nudge away. That's why I find it quite annoying to play. That and the fact that a good shot in outdoor can regularly get you out in indoor.

  7. #22
    Cricketer Of The Year bugssy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Sydney NSW
    Posts
    8,213
    a simon was saying short in the ribs you cramp him up, if you have a great fielder in close he can slap to the keeper or turn and throw at the bowlers end then when your back nets boys is a gun he just catches and takes the bail off 99% of the time. i played reps for sutho and we won state tittles and that was some of our tactics.
    Career cricket
    311 wickets @16.54 and 3021 runs @ 34.56 from 176 games over 11 years H.S 178*
    Member of the CW Green
    Cricket Web Career:(end of season 11) FC: 7404 runs @ 30.85 H.S 253* : One Day: 7331 runs @ 48.55 H.S 155*
    Off season: FC 1209 @ 52.51 & One Day: 921 @ 92.10
    COD4: djs clan
    World Of Warcraft: just sensational

  8. #23
    Hall of Fame Member Son Of Coco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Brisbane, Australia
    Posts
    17,229
    Quote Originally Posted by bugssy View Post
    a simon was saying short in the ribs you cramp him up, if you have a great fielder in close he can slap to the keeper or turn and throw at the bowlers end then when your back nets boys is a gun he just catches and takes the bail off 99% of the time. i played reps for sutho and we won state tittles and that was some of our tactics.
    Fair enough...in the ribs it is

  9. #24
    School Boy/Girl Captain
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    harrogate UK
    Posts
    105
    middle stump bowling over the wicket, yorkers or back of a length intowards the hips

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12


Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Indoor Bodyline
    By Matt79 in forum Cricket Chat
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 04-11-2006, 05:24 PM
  2. Indoor in sydney?
    By age_master in forum Cricket Chat
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 29-03-2005, 10:49 PM
  3. indoor cricket..URGENT
    By deeps in forum Cricket Chat
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-04-2004, 04:49 AM
  4. Indoor cricket umpiring
    By Craig in forum Cricket Chat
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 18-12-2003, 09:47 PM
  5. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 29-07-2002, 06:37 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •