Cricket Player Manager
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Speed Gun at training on Wednesday....

Cricket Web Staff Member Burgey's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Matteh View Post
    I'm definitely bowling faster now than i was at the last CW Meetup, which was guessed at about 60mph. Only problem is that i've picked up a few injuries from football so had to resort to bowling spin at the last net session as i didn't feel confident putting weight down on one foot.
    B21, what did you get clocked at?

IIRC Goughy mentioned he was clocked at pretty high speeds a few years back. Anyone remember how fast that was?
    WWCC - Loyaulte Mi Lie
    "People make me happy.. not places.. people"
    "When a man is tired of London, he is tired of life." - Samuel Johnson

"Hope is the fuel of progress and fear is the prison in which you put yourself" - Tony Benn

#408. Sixty three not out forever.

Banned
    bah, I was gonna post it sooner but i thought why bother.

I turned up at training on wednesday, and the guy who was bringing it told me qld cricket had to take it back (he was meant to give the speed gun back sooner but tried to sneak it to training)

So no speed gun...

International Vice-Captain Jungle Jumbo's Avatar
    I reckon I must be very low 50s with my medium pace.

International Coach PhoenixFire's Avatar
    Curveball Champion!
    Quote Originally Posted by Burgey View Post

IIRC Goughy mentioned he was clocked at pretty high speeds a few years back. Anyone remember how fast that was?
    I haven't spoken to him for a while, but I seem to remember him saying he reckoned he is mid to high 80s in his prime.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top_Cat View Post
    1) Had double pneumonia as a kid, as did my twin sis. Doctors told my parents to pray that we lived through the night. Dad said **** off, I'm an atheist, you ****s better save my kids, etc. Then prayed anyway.

still scratching around in the same old hole
    Quote Originally Posted by PhoenixFire View Post
    I haven't spoken to him for a while, but I seem to remember him saying he reckoned he is mid to high 80s in his prime.
    I have a distrust of speed guns and have never been professionally measured. Any figure is based on comparisons of speed to those who have regularly been clocked that Ive played with (none of which have been as quick as me ).

Only accurate thing to say is that the less I play and the older I get the quicker I recall being
    If I only just posted the above post, please wait 5 mins before replying as there is bound to be edits

West Robham Rabid Wolves Caedere lemma quod eat lemma

Happy Birthday! (easier than using Birthday threads)

Email and MSN- Goughy at cricketmail dot net

Cricket Web Staff Member Burgey's Avatar
    Too true. The older I get, the more ferocious were the bowlers I batted against when I was younger!!

we had one at indoor and we had one at our home ground for a little while, indoor around the 130 but outdoor i was more closer to 135kmh so not bad. i did face a guy in indoor that was 145..was sharp...he is actually playing over in wa for wa danny mclaughlin , i used to play indoor with him for sutho and he played grade for wests, and sutho before moving over to wa to try and crack state which he has,
    Career cricket
    311 wickets @16.54 and 3021 runs @ 34.56 from 176 games over 11 years H.S 178*
    Member of the CW Green
    Cricket Web Career:(end of season 11) FC: 7404 runs @ 30.85 H.S 253* : One Day: 7331 runs @ 48.55 H.S 155*
    Off season: FC 1209 @ 52.51 & One Day: 921 @ 92.10
    COD4: djs clan
    World Of Warcraft: just sensational

Banned
    yea mclaughlan is a good bowler.

School Boy/Girl Captain
    over about 15 balls i averaged 68mph, fastest of 73mph, i was very suprised as i consider myself to be of medium pace im 15, i am very accurate so was somewhat shocked and was quite impressed with 73 mph.

International Coach Barney Rubble's Avatar
    There was one of those ECB/NatWest "Test your speed and win ODI tickets" inflatable net thingies in Southampton city centre last year at one point, and I had a go on it. You got three deliveries to hit the stumps, and if you hit the stumps you went into the prize draw for tickets.

Bowled my first two deliveries as off-breaks, and without having warmed up, was clocked at 35mph and 36mph respectively. The last one I bowled medium-pace, and was clocked at 42mph, IIRC. That one was the only one that hit the stumps, as well.

Pretty confident my off-breaks could reach 40-42mph when I'm bowling well though, and my mediums, maybe 50mph at a stretch.

The Wheel is Forever silentstriker's Avatar
    This is funny, because I was measured just the other day with a speed gun and it came out around 68mph. However, I have some serious doubts on that.
    Quote Originally Posted by KungFu_Kallis View Post
    Peter Siddle top scores in both innings....... Matthew Wade gets out twice in one ball
    "The future light cone of the next Indian fast bowler is exactly the same as the past light cone of the previous one"
    -My beliefs summarized in words much more eloquent than I could come up with

How the Universe came from nothing

68mph is not bad, to be honest.
    The speed at which a fielding team gets through the innings is overrated.

According to Ian Pont's book the average first XI club fast bowler bowls at 70-77mph

I was very surprised when reading this, I had doubts, I would have said more 65-70mph.. but he could well be right...

International Regular
    I don't know how fast I would bowl. I am guessing around between 70-110 kph mark. Does this sound right to you?

Banned
    no idea, the only way someone could approximately guess is someone whos seen a lot of bowlers being clocked and comparing you to their speeds.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information